TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

BRANDY NORWOOD NAMES DAUGHTER ‘MAID OF HONOR’

At just 10-years-old, Sy’rai is going to serve as her mom’s maid of honor. Singer and songwriter Brandy Norwood recently made the announcement during an exclusive interview with Sister 2 Sister magazine saying,  “Since Sister 2 Sister is family, I’m just gonna tell you. [Sy'rai] is my maid of honor.”

Brandy told the press that she and Ryan Press were engaged to be married last year. She also told  Us Weekly that she and Ryan are good for each other because, “He just loves me for who I am. I don’t have to camouflage anything for him or put on a mask. I can completely be myself and he loves me so much and I love him just the way he is, too.” Sy’rai loves Ryan and is gearing up for the wedding ceremony.

Brandy and Ryan have yet to release a date in which their marriage ceremony and celebration will take place, but fans can expect the legendary artist to keep it simple and sensible. Sy’rai is Brandy and ex-boyfriend Robert Smith’s only child together.

Photo: Instagram

7 Comments to “BRANDY NORWOOD NAMES DAUGHTER ‘MAID OF HONOR’”

• Misunderstood March 12, 2013 at 5:46 pm

I think that’s adorable! Sy’Rai’s Brandy’s life and she wants to share this very special event with her baby. I wish Brandy the absolute best!

• Jernero March 12, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Aw, that’s sweet. Congrats to Brandy. She’s been through so much. She deserves happiness and much more.

• EVELINA RAE March 12, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Is that Ryan Press above?

• bck reader March 12, 2013 at 10:49 pm

i thought it was Laz Alonzo…

• Nene March 12, 2013 at 11:24 am

I love Brandy and Sy’rai is gorgeous. I’m happy God brought Brandy from that dark place she was in for awhile. Pain doesn’t last always. Everybody makes mistakes and I’m happy she is happy and healthy again. God bless her and hers.

• Pinnacle March 12, 2013 at 10:32 am

It is a sweet gesture but a true maid of honor has a lot of responsibilities to the bride. Her daughter would have been just as honored being in the wedding as a junior bridesmaid. You need that “grown-up” support that you can only receive from an adult. Best wishes on their marriage.

• Ateya March 12, 2013 at 9:50 am

What a sweet thought…who would serve better than your baby…NO ONE!

Conrgats to Brandy…Im proud of her!