SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

UPDATE: DEION SANDERS AWARDED PRIMARY CUSTODY OF SONS AND DAUGHTER

Deion Sanders has won primary custody of his sons and daughter.The NY Post recently reported,

“Yesterday (March 19), we’re told, Sanders obtained a court order giving him full custody of [his daughter] Shelomi.”

Deion was given custody of his sons Shilo,13, and Sheduer,11, on March 12, 2013 as TMZ reported,

“11 of 12 jurors ruled in the NFL Hall of Famer’s favor … giving him full physical and legal custody of his 13 and 11-year-old sons with Pilar Sanders. However, the Collins Co., TX jury gave the ex-couple shared physical and legal custody of their 9-year-old daughter.”

Both Pilar and Deion were hoping to gain sole custody of their three kids in a battle that has gone on for more than a year. Previous reports presented the possibility of the kids having to take the stand if the custody battle between Deion and Pilar continued.

The NFL star and his estranged wife announced their plans to divorce in 2011 after several years of marriage. Pilar will have visitation rights for all three of her kids.

Tags : Posted in : LawsuitsSportPlayers

27 Comments to “UPDATE: DEION SANDERS AWARDED PRIMARY CUSTODY OF SONS AND DAUGHTER”

• Oxford March 21, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I originally posted this two days ago, but it never made it out of moderation.

I’ve noticed that whenever the man (who is the primary wage earner) earner is given custody of the kids, the attitude is “oh well since she wanted so and so amount of money to keep the kids (and her) in the lifestyle they were accustomed” then the kids are better off with the dad since he makes the most money.

Of course when the primary wage earner is Halle Berry the attitude is that she got “what was coming to her”, never mind that she is the primary custodian of her child (and plenty excused it saying that the 20K per month is to keep Nahla in the style she was accustomed to when she is with her father).

I’m sure Deion will be very “generous”, (said with a healthy does of sarcasm) since this case was about money and him not wanting to pay Pilar, now he doesn’t have to.

I don’t watch reality shows so I’ve never gotten to see the interaction between this family, so I’ll say this . My father is a doctor, plenty of doctors have second wives, so I’ve gotten to observe a few…and their expectation of the younger prettier wives has been:

1. Keep yourself looking the same way you looked when I met you. You have my money at your disposal to hit the gym or whatever.

2. …And that’s even if you give me a couple of kids, AGAIN you have my money at your disposal . So I don’t want anyone to ever see you look raggedy.

3. I’m MR. BUSY. I’m making the money so you need to be available to me at a moments notice to put on a fabulous dinner party (or whatever to impress my friends and associates).

When the divorce inevitably happens. These same men attitude has been:

1. If you need money for you, go get a job (Never mind that for 15 years, taking care of the man has been her job).

2. I don’t think I should pay you alimony, go get a job, and if you fight me I will go for custody of the kids, so you won’t even have that to spend, and I will get custody if I tie you up in court long enough.

Like I said, I don’t know these people but for 15 years Deion has been the only life and Job that Pilar has known, now it’s time to kick her to the curb, and since Deion has custody he doesn’t have to pay child support.

Ladies, do you think that’s fair? My mum says do onto others the same you want done to you, and those of us who think that Pilar got what was coming to her since she was “greedy” I hope that you are never in her position. The kids have been her life for 15 years and Deion travels extensively for his businesses. How can he be the better primary caregiver? And if she was on drugs or abusive, the case was decided by a jury (first time for me knowing a jury decides child custody issues) so that info would have already hit the press.

The law was supposed to be there to protect women (or the spouse that made less) from this same situation happening to them. Hope she has a good divorce lawyer, making sure that since she doesn’t have the kids, she gets a good financial settlement. Fair is Fair.

• Sherley March 20, 2013 at 12:15 pm

All I can say is WOW!

• kc March 20, 2013 at 12:08 pm

How does she even have the money to fight this in court with no job. Maybe if she could prove to the judge that she can take care of them on her own, then she will get sole custody. Its so sad that those kids might have to go to court too!

• Oxford March 20, 2013 at 11:59 am

I don’t watch reality shows so I’ve never gotten to see the interaction between this family,so I’ll say . My father is a doctor, plenty of doctors have second wives. And their expectation of the younger prettier wives has been:

When the divorce inevitably happens. These same men attitude has been:

The law was supposed to be there to protect women (or the spouse that made less) from this same situation happening to them. Hope she has a good divorce lawyer in her court making sure that since she doesn’t have the kids, she gets a good settlement. Fair is Fair.

• Trisha (The original one) March 20, 2013 at 10:27 am

Dont know much about the case, but the ruling is what it is for a reason. If I was younger & I was told I have to live w/ my dad instead of my mom, I would be sad. But then again, my parents knew how to be civil & knew how to work things out so I got equal time w/ them. & its clear pilar & deion can’t do that. & if the judge can see that the daughter is better in care of her dad, then it means something. Imo, pilar wanted the kids to keep living the lavish lifestyle w/ the child support money. So it could be best the kids stay w/ the parent that can provide from them

• PlainMean March 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm

You seem to come down harshly on women in these situations. I bet your feelings and perspective will shift a little bit once you become a mother.

• Trisha (The original one) March 20, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Uh no smh. Like I said in my comment you replied to I said if I was taken away from my mother I would be sad. But I also know not b/c you birth a child means you are a responsible parent. Pilar & Deion should have been mature enough to make a decision together instead of going the court route. & im also not gonna act like I’ve been to law school like some of the commenters in here saying whats right & wrong. I keep an open mind. & since I know the courts usually rule in the mothers favor, its clear something is off on Pilars end. & from the few episodes I saw of their show, Pilar was all about money. Not denying she was a good mother tho

• Ateya March 20, 2013 at 9:52 am

This really saddens my heart…I NEVER want to know how this feels to have your children taken away like this…lost of words…I would never give up…

• EVELINA RAE March 20, 2013 at 10:16 am

I agree!

I have a 6 year old daughter and a 21/2 year old son and I’d just DIE if they were taken away from me.

In a brighter light this happened for a reason and as much as this will sting Pilar for a very long time we must think that the children are in “better” hands and that this is in THEIR best interest. God bless Shilo, Shedeur and Shelomi Saunders.

• Nonya March 14, 2013 at 8:51 am

What the hell happened between these two? It’s really pitiful when parents can’t get along for the sake of their children. I would bet my last dollar that the two are fighting over money. If Deion has custody, will Pillar have to pay child support? Why are they separating their daughter from her brothers? This entire situation is unbelievably sad.

• Sherley March 13, 2013 at 8:09 pm

IDK much about this situation. I do know I am happy the children were not made to testify. IDK if Pilar or Deon are good or bad parents. I do know once a child reaches a certain age, a judge takes their desires into consideration. When Deon was awarded temporary custody of the boys, the boys said they wanted to live with their father. Their daughter is not of that age to decide. Maybe the boys want to live with their dad & the girl with her mother. For him to get sole custody though makes me think there is something we are not being told. She could have retained shared custody of all three with Deon getting residential custody. I don’t think this case has to do with either parent being an unfit parent.

• Anon March 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm

What kind of family court has a jury?

• Leighla March 13, 2013 at 3:29 pm

When you combine a foolish footballer and a tacky, attention-seeking woman you get a lot of ridiculousness.

• Oxford March 13, 2013 at 1:30 pm

This judge is trying to please both parents while ignoring the needs of the kids. This ruling makes no sense unless you subscribe to the old school way of thinking which is mothers should raise the girls and fathers should raise the boys.

Disappointed in the parents. Being a good parent is the ability to put your child’s needs above your own, one of these parents should have primary custody with very liberal visitation for the other, non custodial parent. With custody of the kids split it means that Deion could decide that its in the boys best interest that they should be in a particular school or be exposed to a particular religion and the mum would have no say…the same goes for Pilar and the girl, which could possibly mean separation for the kids in the future.

How is it in the kids best interest for them to be split up? On the weekends or whatever days they switch up, unless one of the parents give up something, the kids won’t be together. I wouldn’t want to be separated from my brothers, I’m the only girl, same as this girl. And why would Deion have full physical and legal custody of the boys while Pilar and Deion is sharing physical and legal custody of the girl?

Is this about money? Is the judge trying to show that he is not biased towards Deion by throwing Pilar a bone? This ruling doesn’t pass the smell test. Sick and tired of “adults’ doing dumb sh*t, while telling us kids to grow up.

• Observer March 13, 2013 at 12:51 pm

Pilar only gets custody of the daughter? It’s as if the little girl was awarded to her as some type of “consolation prize”. Wow. That’s a shame.

• Iridescent Me. March 13, 2013 at 10:48 am

Why can’t they just be civil towards each other. It’s not about you. It’s about the kids. IDK what court would split the kids up like that.This makes no sense at all. It’s sad. A sad and unfortunate situation.

• MPA March 13, 2013 at 1:30 pm

No they can’t be civil. If they could then they wouldn’t be fighting in court now would they?

Seriously I sick and tire of people who were lucky in love and either never had to go through a messy divorce or custody, stand on their pedastle judging from afar.

• Oxford March 13, 2013 at 6:38 pm

There is no such thing as lucky in love. A marriage just like any other relationship is a work in progress and when selfish, lazy people (could be either or both parties) stop doing the work, the relationship breaks down.

Rather than being bitter and having issues with people who seem to have a dream marriage and are opting to work on keeping their marriages strong rather than taking the divorce route; talk to them and see if what they are doing can work for you.

Both my maternal uncle (who is my legal brother, my parents adopted him) and his best friend are in young marriages; five and ten years respective and on more than one occasion they have turned to my parents, great-grand parents and great-great uncle for relationship advice.

I doubt someone with a good marriage or relationship is “standing on their pedestals and judging form afar”. Usually happy people want the same for others.

• Iridescent Me. March 13, 2013 at 7:01 pm

Not you Oxford.

• Iridescent Me. March 13, 2013 at 7:00 pm

You can take your bitter unhappy soul and exit stage left.

• Sherley March 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I’ve been through a divorce & custody issue. So if I say I agree with Iridiscent Me, would that make me judging from afar too? The problem with people going through a divorce & custody issues, is they forget children are involved & focus on what the other party is doing to them. It becomes about them, only them & only use the children when it benefits them. If the focus remains on the children, there wouldn’t be all this messiness where a judge has to tell you you can’t have your own children in your home.

• PlainMean March 13, 2013 at 10:44 am

Deion wins and the kids lose. He and Pilar are foolish. I don’t understand the concept of the children being split based on gender. Seems if Pilar is fit to have custody of her daughter then she’s also fit to have custody of her boys and vice versa. Goes to show that just because someone doesn’t have custody of their children doesn’t automatically mean it’s because they aren’t a fit parent, i.e. Tameka Raymond (just saying). Our courts are all screwed up, and I’m a longtime court employee.

• EVELINA RAE March 13, 2013 at 11:55 am

It actually appears like Pilar is not that fit to have any of her children. She was only awarded “shared” physical custody of Shelomi. I mean why not shared Physical custody of all three? Something is very off about this situation. We don’t have the entire story, obviously.

Shilo, Shedeur and Shelomi will feel this more than their parents; especially Shelomi who will be apart from both of them the most.

• PlainMean March 13, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Shared custody is still custody. If she was completely unfit, she wouldn’t even have that.

• Sherley March 13, 2013 at 8:10 pm

I agree Evelina, something is off & we probably wont ever know, unless the nanny or one of the kids writes a book.

• MPA March 13, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Losing custody or not having custody of your child(ren) has not meant being “unfit” in at the past 20 years.

The courts all have to adhere now days by state laws that list individual characteristics of each parent the the courts must consider when considering custody.

It is called the “best interest” rule. The era where a female can ONLY lose (or not get) full custody because she has severe mental and drug issues is long gone.

Today men have virtually the same chances of getting custody as women

• PlainMean March 13, 2013 at 2:41 pm

Yes, however; when mental issues, drugs, violence and other issues are absent, isn’t shared custody in the best interest of the children?