TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

TV WATCH: KYM WHITLEY TALKS REALITY SHOW AND MOTHERHOOD [VIDEO]

Kym Whitley is gearing up for her new reality show, ‘Raising Whitley,’ set to air on Oprah’s OWN network next month. The mother of one recently talked about her upcoming show and how she came to be mother to 2-year-old Joshua Whitley.

“I mentor girls,” said Kym in her heart-to-heart. “One girl in particular, I’ve been mentoring for maybe 15 years. And she had gone into the hospital to deliver a baby. And the social worker says, ‘The birth mother has chosen you as the guardian for this baby.’ She wanted him to have a better life than what she could have given him, and if I don’t take him [the social worker] said he’ll be put in the system. I had one hour to decide if I wanted to be a mother,” explained the comedian.

Upon deciding to be a mom, Whitley took Joshua into her home and allowed him to become acquainted with her parents. It wasn’t until her mom passed away three months after nurturing Joshua that Kym realized that it takes a village to raise a child. ‘Raising Whitley’ will feature Kym’s village of supporters in an up-close and personal light. The show will follow Kym and her child-rearing helpers as they attempt to give Joshua the better life that his birth mom hoped for.

Joshua is Kym’s first child. ‘Raising Whitley’ will air on April 20, 2013 at 10/9c.

10 Comments to “TV WATCH: KYM WHITLEY TALKS REALITY SHOW AND MOTHERHOOD [VIDEO]”

• kc March 27, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Kim Whitley-age 51,not 87 lol! That was funny when she said I didn’t order a baby lol.

• kc March 27, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Looks like anybody can get a reality show these days.

• Sherley March 26, 2013 at 10:16 pm

I always thought Kim was funny. So happy she has been blessed with her little guy. I’m going to make an attempt to break my no reality shows will be watched in my home rule & watch this.

• Tina March 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm

All things work together for HIS Good and Purpose! Praise the Lord and thank God for this little blessing named Joshua. Kym’s mother got an opportunity even if for a little while to have a grandchild, hopefully her spirit transferred to Joshua and I’m sure Kym will learn, love, and grow in this purposed filled process.

Congratulations Kym and blessing to your village. Most importantly take care of Joshua and do him proud.

• Neonlove March 26, 2013 at 1:18 pm

“You’re 87 years old, it’s time” lolol…I’m too through.

Her story is very touching, and she is so funny. I’m definitely tuning in

• CaramelKiss March 26, 2013 at 11:26 am

So touching and such a great story. I’m so glad that there are “POSITIVE” reality shows out there finally.

• Iridescent Me. March 26, 2013 at 10:07 am

I am in tears!!! I am definitely tuning in Blessings to Kym Whitley and Joshua! What a preview!! Now this is positive TV that I will support!

• what's up March 26, 2013 at 10:03 am

this is A+++mazing…

• Katherine G March 26, 2013 at 10:01 am

I am so going to watch this show.

• Pinnacle March 26, 2013 at 9:48 am

God works in mysterious ways. He looks like he could be her biological son. I’m happy they found each other.