KENNEDY RUE GOES TO THE PROM WITH REGINA KING’S SON

SOFIA RICHIE HEADS TO COACHELLA IN STYLE

POOCH HALL AND WIFE HOST ‘SPECIAL NEEDS FAMILY PROM’ IN HONOR OF DAUGHTER’S BIRTHDAY

JILL SCOTT AND SON COVER EBONY MAGAZINE

Proud mom Jill Scott covers EBONY Magazine’s May Issue with her 3-year-old son Jett Hamilton. Inside the publication, the singer talks of the challenges of being a single mom, raising a boy, and much more. See highlights from the interview below:

Jill on motherhood:

“Motherhood is getting your hands and your feet in the soil…When Jett puts my face in his hands and tells me, ‘Mommy you’re so pretty’ or smells me, it’s so wonderful.”

Jill on being a single-mom:

“That I-can-do-it-by-myself mentality is a lie. I’m sorry if I hurt anybody’s feelings, but you cannot do it all by yourself. You need a village: some aunties, grandmoms, friends. I couldn’t do this by myself and would be a fool to think I could.”

For more, head to Lovebrownsugar.com

On Raising a Boy:

“It’s challenging being a single mom … No matter what I do, I’ll never be a man. Ever. I can show Jett how to be a thinker, how to enjoy music or how to feel, and to conquer. But I cannot show him how to be a man.”

The May issue of EBONY Magazine hits newsstands April 16th.

Source:LBS/ Ebony Magazine

Tags : Posted in : Singers and their Kids

19 Comments to “JILL SCOTT AND SON COVER EBONY MAGAZINE”

• erdwärme June 14, 2013 at 3:01 am

I need to to thank you for this very good read!
    ! I certainly loved every bit of it. I have got you book marked to look
    at new stuff you post…

• friteuse test June 7, 2013 at 10:29 am

When I initially commented I clicked the -Notify me when new feedback are added- checkbox and now every time a remark is added I get 4 emails with
    the identical comment. Is there any means you’ll be able to take away me from that service? Thanks!

• Parent 2 Parent: “Can Single Women Raise Boys To Become Men?” | 105.9 Kiss-FM April 25, 2013 at 12:12 pm

[...] In this month’s Ebony’s magazine which is on stands now, read singer-songwriter and single mom Jill Scott’s views on the issue by clicking here. [...]

• miyahrimom12 April 3, 2013 at 1:12 pm

HOW COULD HE BE ANYTHING BUT HANSOME??? HIS MOTHER IS GORGEOUS!!! LOVE JILL SCOTT!!

• Hovvr | CHRIS HEMSWORTH AND ELSA PATAKY Lunchtime Links With India April 2, 2013 at 11:52 am

[...] Brown can’t catch a break. (SheKnows Entertainment) Jill Scott opens up about motherhood. (BlackCelebKids) The First Daughters show off their Easter looks. (Hollybaby) David Beckham plays hard for PSG. [...]

• Nonya April 2, 2013 at 8:45 am

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a photo of Jill’s son. He’s so handsome. :)

• Trisha (the original one) April 2, 2013 at 7:00 am

He is a handsome boy! He seems like he just wants to run away & play lol

Is his father not in his life? She shouldn’t have to worry about showing him to be a man, if his father is there to do it

• Misunderstood April 1, 2013 at 7:57 pm

Jett is sooo handsome and Jill is beautiful. However, I must disagree. My mom raised my siblings and I by herself! No villages, grandparents or aunties just her! She did an amazing job if I must say.

• Sid April 2, 2013 at 5:51 am

Please ask her if she could have used some help or better yet if you wouldn’t have loved some help.

• Misunderstood April 2, 2013 at 7:05 pm

I’m sure she could of used some help, BUT since she didn’t have any she did it by herself!

• kaylnn April 1, 2013 at 7:23 pm

“When Jett puts my face in his hands and tells me, ‘Mommy you’re so pretty’ or smells me, it’s so wonderful.”

Jet is so handsome and I agree with him. His Mommy is beautiful. I hope that as Jett ages he remembers that his mother and women who look like her are beautiful externally and internally.

• Misunderstood April 1, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Agree!!!

• Nechelle April 1, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Twins!!!

• MNMommie April 1, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Mom and Son are too cute… Good Luck and God bless

• Sherley April 1, 2013 at 5:01 pm

Jet is saying let me go, I don’t wanna take anymore pics! He’s so cute.

• MRSREYNOLDS April 1, 2013 at 4:30 pm

BEAUTIFUL MOTHER & SON!

• Iridescent Me. April 1, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Beautiful Mom and Son duo!!

• Juice April 1, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Look at how big Jett is. He is too cute and i would love to read the article. Jill looks beautiful.

• Shi April 1, 2013 at 4:10 pm

He is beautiful. He looks so different than I remember. They grow up too fast.