Potty training a toddler can be a difficult and frustrating time for both parents and tots. It can be a tedious (and a bit of a nasty) process, but the benefits are rewarding for everyone involved. Your child gets a sense of independence and you don’t have to change anymore dirty diapers. So parents, its time to get ready for all of the frustrations and mark your calendar for the light at the end of the tunnel. Here are 5 of the most frustrating parts of potty training:
1. Dirty laundry- It never ends. There are accidents that never seem to end and neither does the laundry pile.
2. Public bathrooms- When potty training a toddler, you never want to ask them to “hold it” so when they say they need to go, you take them to the closest potty that you can find even if that potty isn’t very clean.
3. The training potty- You have to empty it every single time they do their “business” in it.
4. The bathroom- Sometimes they miss and you end up with a huge mess on the floor and nothing in the toilet.
5. Motivation- Whether it’s the knowledge of becoming a big kid, or getting a special treat, figuring out what motivates your child can become very frustrating for you and your little one.
What are some frustration parts of toddler potty training that you’ve experienced?