ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

JENNIFER HUDSON WARNS PARENTS: ‘DON’T LET YOUR CHILD SLIDE ON SOMEONE’S LAP’

David Otunga Jr.,3, may be big and strong, as demonstrated in this picture with dad and grandma, but there are some things that even strong tots shouldn’t do. Apparently, sliding is one of those things as little David recently broke his leg while going down a slippery slope.

Mom, Jennifer Hudson, told Jimmy Kimmel all about her son’s injury saying, “My little munchkin—he broke his leg sliding down the slide. They say the number one way children break their legs is by sliding down on someone’s lap. So don’t let your kids do that! We learned the hard way… So, he’s at home watching his dad right now.”

Although Jennifer and David Sr. are confident that their little one’s leg will heal and become strong again, David Jr. is not so sure. “He’s like, ‘Mommy, what’s going to happen with my bad leg? Will I be able to wrestle again? Can I ride my bike?’ He doesn’t really understand,” explained Jennifer to Kimmel

David Jr. is Jennifer and David Sr.’s first child together. The couple began courtship several years ago and plan to wed in the near future.

10 Comments to “JENNIFER HUDSON WARNS PARENTS: ‘DON’T LET YOUR CHILD SLIDE ON SOMEONE’S LAP’”

• Nappykat April 24, 2013 at 7:45 pm

So David Otunga is mixed race?

• Watching Joyce Meyers April 17, 2013 at 9:09 pm

Hope he gets better soon. A little guy like that loves to be on the move constantly and I know its no fun with a broke leg. He’s so cute!

• nurse nan April 17, 2013 at 7:27 pm

pls cut that baby hair, pls.

• Sansim April 18, 2013 at 10:43 pm

Pleassseeeee! It’s long overdue.

• Katherine G April 17, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Never heard of this before. Glad this was shared. Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

• Oxford April 17, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Did the dad fall on him or something? In order to avoid something like that I would like to know the “how”.

I slide down with my niece on my lap pretty frequently, I hold her around the waist with her looking out. She loves it! I’m a tall girl with long legs and now I’m wondering if I can hurt her.

Previous the only bad thing I knew about a slide was not to slide down with her “best fwend” :-) because he has a cochlear implant and the static form the slide can turn his implant off leaving him deaf until it gets turned back on.

Not meaning to be a Grinch today but I’ve noticed the wording “The couple began courtship several years ago and plan to wed in the near future” a few times. Is it just me or does this sound really ODD? And is this what they are putting out on their press releases? I understand they want to appeal to people on both sides of the “kids before marriage” issue but

A) at the end of the day, even though we put our 2 pence in it’s not really any of our business, the deed is done, the bebe is already here and

B) exactly how stupid do they think we are?

• Ms. J April 17, 2013 at 11:42 am

I know I will never let someones childs slide down with me ever again. I’m done with the slide period. Children heal faster. Heal soon lil man.

• LaTanya April 17, 2013 at 10:39 am

Awww get well Munch!!!

• EVELINA RAE April 17, 2013 at 10:37 am

Poor thing! I didn’t know that was a common issue among children, interesting!

I’ve only done this a couple times when my children were like 1 or 2 because I was afraid they’d hit their heads falling backwards.

• Me 2 April 17, 2013 at 9:54 am