5 THINGS THAT COLLEGE AND MOTHERHOOD HAVE IN COMMON
When you graduated from college, you assumed that once you left school you would also be leaving that part of your life behind. Little did you know that when you became a mom, your life would resemble your old college days in some ways. Sure, you may not be hanging out at parties or cramming for Biology midterms, but surprisingly, there are some similarities. Here are 5 ways that becoming a new mom is like being in college:
1. Sleepless nights- During your college days you were probably up late from partying with friends or getting ready for a big exam, but these days your lack of a good night’s rest is from your little bundle of joy.
2. Acquired debt- At the end of college you get a degree and in many cases, student loan debt. At the end of a pregnancy you get a baby and a hospital bill.
3. Noodles for dinner- In college you ate them because that was all that you could afford. Now you eat them because it’s all you have time to make.
4. PJ’s as all day wear- In certainly wasn’t unheard of to roll out of bed and go straight to class in whatever you slept in the night before. Now that you have a new baby you find yourself barely having the time and energy to brush your teeth, let alone shower and change your clothes.
5. New friends- Attending college meant being exposed to a new world with new people. Becoming a new mom is the same thing. You’ll start to go to new place and meet other moms.
Have you experienced any ways that college and motherhood have been similar for you?