ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

WENDY WILLIAMS ON FAMILY: ‘WE DON’T EAT TOGETHER’

Wendy Williams is a busy, working mom on the go. The celeb recently spoke with Parade about her time at home with husband Kevin Hunter and son Kevin Jr., telling the media source that dinner at the table is not something they do often.

“I enjoy cooking, and my family appreciates it. But we don’t eat together,” said the star host. “I usually dip into the pot, so by the time I’m plating I’m already full. My little Kevin eats at the computer in the kitchen, and my husband eats when he gets around to it. You have to grab family time when you can, but sitting together at the table is not something we do.”

Williams also explained to the press her reasoning behind not pestering women about having children saying, “I’ve had a bunch of miscarriages, and I begged God for little Kevin. But it was a difficult pregnancy, not a joyful time for me. I’ve learned that it can be a very personal thing to ask someone about.”

Wendy, who recently celebrated the release of her new book Ask Wendy and her Broadway debut in play Chicago, gave birth to her only child Kevin Jr. in 1999. He is her and Kevin Sr.’s only child together.

10 Comments to “WENDY WILLIAMS ON FAMILY: ‘WE DON’T EAT TOGETHER’”

• MELISSA May 29, 2013 at 2:19 pm

SORRY BLACK CELEB BUT I DON’T LIKE WENDY WILLIAMS.

SHE IS A HEARTLESS FAKE WHO’D RATHER LOOK LIKE A WHITE DRAG QUEEN

THAN A NATURAL BLACK WOMAN. SHE IS REALLY THE MEAN ONE.

• Connie1 May 17, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I DONT LIKE WENDY AT ALL AND HER HAIR LOOKS HORRIBLE YET SHE TALKED BADLY ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICANS ON HER SHOW AND THEIR NATURAL KINKY TEXTURED HAIR. YET SHE LOOKS LIKE A LION WITH THAT BLONDE WEAVE. ITS SAD THAT SHE CHOOSES TO WEAR THAT THINKING THAT SHE FITS INTO SOCIETY WHEN ACTUALLY, SHE STANDS OUT EVEN MORE. SHE IS A DISGRACE.

• Misunderstood May 17, 2013 at 4:28 pm

My family only ate together on Thanksgiving and Christmas! It didn’t make us grow closer together or apart, it was just our upbringing! My mom was a single parent, so she did what she had for my siblings and I!

• RandomTandem May 17, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I don’t eat at the table with family either and I don’t care cuz I wanna watch TV LOL

And as far as Wendy, she’s right! It IS a very personal question. Its also an ANNOYING question! My sister keeps asking me when I’m going to make her an aunt! She even went as far as to say I’m selfish because I won’t give her a niece or nephew!

So she expects me to go through pain, stretch my body out, deal with all the hardships that come with parenting just so she can call herself an aunt? I told her she better have another of her own and make it call her “Aunt Mommy” lmao

I have way too much I want to do with my life…and while following my dreams, my “futuristic vision” does not have children in it. I’m not saying I wont change my mind when I’m older (like in my 40s) but for now NOPE!

If it’s in God’s plan, it will happen naturally. If not, I will adopt. And if none of that happens I’m perfectly cool with that. Kids are beautiful but they are a lot of work and I find them annoying if I have to be around them for extended periods of time lol

• SE May 17, 2013 at 2:40 pm

I know that everyone has different life styles and schedules, but to me this is kind of sad. Growing up we at dinner at the table together every night (except for nights when we went out with friends or there was an activity or something going on). Heck I’m 24 and if I’m at my parents house we still all have dinner together. My boyfriend and I cook for my family every week and it’s great to have that time. I just think a lot has changed over the last decade or so in terms of family time/values.

• lilkunta May 17, 2013 at 2:16 pm

wendy williams needs to STFU. she is mean. she must have been made fun of alot as a child bc she is so mean to everyone else. we already know her parents scarred her by telling her she was ungraceful and always having her on a diet(she hid food under her bed and would binge on junk). she says her body is amazing, yes it is bc she PAID for it: she has implants and had a tummy tuck.

she says dont date younger but she was born in 64 and her husb in 72.

she says iif your man cheats on you leave him bc he cant be trusted yet her husb kevin has cheated on her repeatedly–including while she was pregnant and maybe that is why she had 4 miscarriages–. she forgave him but he continues to cheat. kevin sexually harrassed their radio booking agent @ WBLS Nicole Spence. Nicole sued and if it wasnt true why did Wendy settle? There is even a tape of him having sex with some fat lady online!

wendy is mean and needs to be off tv. she adds nothing to it.
    she is as bad as basketball wives and L&HH.

• Joyia May 17, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I do agree that families are different now a days. I’m a single parent working two jobs and going to school. My son will be sixteen at the end of the month. It’s important to me that we spend as much time together. When I come home in the evenings he is usually the one who cooks, lol. However, we do sit down and eat together. I make an extra effort because it’s important to my son. If not we would not have much interaction doing the week except hi and good nite. I do realize everyone is not traditional but kids really value the time you spend with them.

• universitychick May 17, 2013 at 12:02 pm

My fam never ate together either. Seem corny thinking about it now lol And I also agree with Wendy that asking women when they are having kids is a very personal question. People do it everyday though.

• Pinnacle May 17, 2013 at 11:31 am

Wendy is always talking about what her and the Kevins do together so they do get to have family time just not at the dinner table. Nowadays people’s schedules are so hectic with both parents working, kids having activities, etc. that dinner can be at different times for each. I’m sure this holds true for plenty of families.

• Oxford May 17, 2013 at 11:08 am

JMO, but eating together as a family is important. It the best stress free, no need to impress or make conversation ways you can connect with your family. Eating together means to me; we can be in five different rooms doing five different things but you are important to me which is why we sit down and break bread together. Nothing to say Oxford? Saw that boy looking at you, tell him if he wants to keep his eyes, keep them in his head. How about you Liam? Patient was stinky you say? A whole family of stinky people? Well dressed but stinky? Wow. Enzo, how was your game? Who’s playing Cricket on the telly today? Want to watch with me. West Indies vs Singapore? West Indies beat Australia the other day. Did you catch that match?

My family is scattered, so when we get together, we eat together. Ms. Williams has her reasons but I think that making time to eat with her son and husband tells them, with no words spoken how important they are to her. Again, JMO.