ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

FROM IRELAND TO BERLIN: THE OBAMAS TAKE A TOUR AROUND EUROPE

obama1

The Obamas exit Air Force One in Berlin, Germany on Tuesday (June 18) just minutes after their jet arrives at Tegel airport. The First Family is dressed in semi-formal wear as they meet photographers and officials who are delighted to see them. President Obama’s speech at the Brandenburg Gate is expected to serve as the highlight of his first presidential visit to Berlin.

Mr. Obama recently gave a heartfelt message to fathers in which he revealed his desire to have met and interacted with his dad during childhood. “I never really knew my own father. I was raised by a single mom and two wonderful grandparents who made incredible sacrifices for me,” said the Chief of Staff.

obama2

The Obamas took a tour of Trinity College and viewed the Book of Kells

“There are single parents like my mom all across the country who do a heroic job raising kids. But I still wish I had a dad who was not only around but involved. Another role model to teach me what my mom did her best to instill. That’s why I try everyday to be, for Michelle and my girls, to be what my father was not for my mother and me.”

The President went on to discuss his experience as a father and public figure saying, “When I look back on my life, I won’t be thinking about any particular legislation I passed or policy I promoted. I’ll be thinking about Michelle and the journey we’ve been on together. I’ll be thinking about Sasha’s dance recitals and Malia’s tennis matches. About the conversations we’ve had and the quiet moments we’ve shared. I’ll be thinking about whether I did right my them, and whether they knew, everyday, just how much they were loved.”

obama7

The Obamas were given a tour of the 6th Century monastic site in Co Wicklow

Sasha and Malia are currently touring Europe with their parents, and have discovered interesting truths about their heritage since embarking on the journey. The girls recently wrapped up a trip to Ireland where they learned that their father’s roots include that of Irish descent.

obamafam

Left to right, President Obama’s half-sister Auma Obama; first lady Michelle Obama and her daughter Sacha; Berlin Holocaust memorial director Uwe Neumaerker; and Michele Obama’s daughter Malia at the Holocaust memorial, June 19, 2013.

Photos: RTE/ Marco Priske / Stiftung Denkmal

9 Comments to “FROM IRELAND TO BERLIN: THE OBAMAS TAKE A TOUR AROUND EUROPE”

• baltimore owens corning preferred contractor June 26, 2013 at 8:16 pm

The capacities of 8, 12, roofing baltimore maryland 16, and 20 quarts ensure you always have the right size pot for stews, soups, chili, and more.

Hoffritz 4 Piece Nesting Aluminum Stockpot Set with Lids – This Hoffritz 4 Piece Nesting Aluminum Stockpot Set is perfect for
    preparing big family dinners, holiday meals, and large cookouts.
    The capacities of 8, 12, 16, and 20 quarts ensure you always have the
    right size pot for stews, soups, chili, and more.

• Lisa June 19, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Awww look at that Barry and family on vacation with taxpayers money how sweet!

• Connie1 June 19, 2013 at 8:49 pm

ALL PRESIDENTS AND THEIR FAMILIES HAVE BEEN ON VACATION. THE OBAMAS HAVE THEIR OWN MONEY ANYWAY. THEY WERE DOING IT BIG BEFORE THEY EVEN ENTERED THE WHITE HOUSE. SO STOP HATING. THE OBAMAS ARE GORGEOUS, INTELLIGENT AND THE BEST. THEY RUN THIS COUNTRY WELL!!!

• Wanderer June 20, 2013 at 3:27 am

If I understand you correctly, it was perfectly fine for all the presidents before President Obama to take vacations while in office but not okay for President Obama.

BTW, the taxpayers pay the salaries of all federal employees. In other words, federal employees contribute to their own salaries (and others) because they are taxpayers, too! They deserve a vacation like everyone else.

• ZanG June 20, 2013 at 1:48 pm

And they look great doing it so find a way to deal. Why don’t you spend less time complaining and more time working so they use your tax money to visit his family in Africa next month. That private jet’s not going to pay for itself you know so Chop Chop! Oh and stay mad while you’re doing it if you want, just make sure you pay those taxes.

• ZanG June 20, 2013 at 1:53 pm

They look wonderful. And I am so sick of trolls finding a way to complain about everything this family does. There has not been one modern presidential family that has not gotten to travel where they want, when they want. But for some reason with them it’s a problem. Just shut up and pay your taxes so they can travel the world while you stay mad and bitter at home.

• Lisa July 6, 2013 at 10:51 am

That’s why the government will continue print money and run the country into the ground
        And they’ll continue to spy on you brainless sheep America is going down in flames make sure blame yourselves and your president oh and don’t forget israel when it happens GOD HELP AMERICA and these naive bastards who attack people like me when we dare go against saint Obama idgaf about his race as I am a black woman who is tired of this bastard being a phony nada murderer god bless you all.

• Vana June 19, 2013 at 2:46 pm

I see Malia’s taller than her mom now. They are both so poised and beautiful.

• Iridescent Me. June 19, 2013 at 10:21 am

Malia and Sasha are growing up so beautifully. Time waits for no one. Loving Michelle’s hair.