We’ve all heard people say that they can predict a baby’s gender without using technology. There’s everything from old wives tales, grandparent superstition or misinformed friends that believe that they know the sex of an unborn child by using their “special” method of prediction. One of the best predictors of baby gender is an ultrasound and even that method isn’t always 100 percent accurate. The truth is that there is only one real way to know baby gender, seeing for yourself after the birth. However, it can be fun to guess. Here are 5 ways to “predict” a baby’s gender.
1. Doppler Radar- If your OB tells you that the baby’s heart rate is above 140, start thinking of girl names.
2. Chinese predictor- The Chinese birth chart uses your age at conception and the month you conceived to determine the gender of the baby.
3. Up top or down low- If you’re carrying high, grab some hair bows. If your belly is hanging a bit low, go buy some footballs.
4. Puberty during pregnancy- If you are breaking out like crazy, the word is that you are having a girl.
5. Use your keys- Have someone put a key on the front of your belly and grab it. If you grab the key by the round end, break of the blue!
What are some wives tails that you’ve heard of gender indicators?