PHOTOS: EMILY B’S DAUGHTER CELEBRATES BIRTHDAY WITH ’16 IN THE CITY’ BASH

SOFIA RICHIE HEADS TO COACHELLA IN STYLE

JADA PINKETT-SMITH: ‘THIS WORLD IS YOURS IN ANY WAY THAT SUITS YOU’

SMITHKIDS

Jada Pinkett-Smith wants her kids to shoot for the moon. The actress recently took to her Facebook page to encourage Jaden, Willow, and her ‘bonus son’  Trey to chase after their dreams and stop at nothing to accomplish their goals in life.

Jada wrote,

“Explore. Create. Give yourself as much room to fail, as well as the room to succeed. Use a little of the old while ushering in a whole lot of the new. Develop into your own opinion leader. Need no approval. Be courageous. Be humble. Be loving. Be respectful. Learn about everything. Remember there is more than one truth. The best armor in life is self-love and respect. Don’t trap yourself with the desire of wanting to be liked. Be respected. Trust yourself to be your own confidant. Tell yourself yes more often than no. Don’t take this world personally. Know that every person you come across has something powerful to teach you, especially enemies. Never fail to deliver on your word. Never make yourself smaller for ANYONE. This world is yours in any way that suits you. Live.”

The letter of advice comes days after Willow released her and DJ MVSIC Fabrega’s new music video, ‘Summer Fling,’ that received a bit of criticism from the public. Many enjoyed the song, while others thought it was too mature for a 12-year-old. Jada and husband Will Smith have two kids, Jaden and Willow, together. Trey is Will’s son with ex-wife Sheree Fletcher.

Tags : Posted in : Actors

18 Comments to “JADA PINKETT-SMITH: ‘THIS WORLD IS YOURS IN ANY WAY THAT SUITS YOU’”

• dylan July 21, 2013 at 12:56 am

You will find certainly lots of details that way to take into consideration. That is a great indicate bring up. My partner and i offer the thoughts above since general ideas but obviously there are questions like the one anyone bring up where the most important thing will likely be working in sincere good faith. I wear?t see whether best practices have emerged around things like that, however i am sure that your particular job is clearly referred to as a fair online game. Both youngsters feel the effect of simply a moment’s pleasure, through out their lives.

• Meela July 13, 2013 at 9:32 pm

Can’t for the day when those kids are given some limits and are told NO!
    We’ll see how that goes over! I too “once” thought it was important to give kids a long leash and have them find their way in the world! Last week it blow up in my face when my thirteen year old decided that she was going to do whatever the heck she wanted after being NO!!!!!!!
    I truly wanted to beat the crap out of but my sister did and went to jail twice because of niece! Let’s be honest, parenting can be a thankless job!
    Jada’s words were beautiful and all but the open parenting crap is for the birds,kids need limits, discipline and guidance!
    They are “children” not little adults!!!

• kenya July 13, 2013 at 11:05 am

Wow, I loved what I just read. I needed that for myself.

• Lola b July 12, 2013 at 9:47 pm

Someone’s genes are deep because they all look just alike…. That’s a very nice photo….. I like…. All of these other siblings making money but when the smiths do it people say they worship money… If the wayan clan thought this they wouldn’t have had a production company

• Lola b July 12, 2013 at 9:39 pm

Someone’s genes are deep because the all look just alike…. That’s a very ice photo….. I like

• Sing a Song July 12, 2013 at 8:14 pm

Translation: We Smiths will do ANYTHING for more money and more fame. We worship the almighty dollar!

• Connie1 July 12, 2013 at 8:32 pm

REALLY? I THOUGHT THOSE WERE INSPIRATIONAL WORDS FROM JADA. I LIKE THE FACT THAT SHE LETS HER KIDS EXPLORE THE INDUSTRY AND THIER OWN BEING. ITS IMPORTANT FOR KIDS TO REACH FOR THE STARS. MORE AFRICAN AMERICAN KIDS NEED TO KNOW THAT THEY CAN DO ANYTHING. THEY CAN BE A GREAT SINGER, DANCER, LAWYER, DOCTOR, BASKETBALL PLAYER ETC… WE CAN DO IT ALL.

• Connie1 July 12, 2013 at 8:36 pm

BY THE WAY, WILL SMITH IS ONE OF THE HIGHEST PAID ACTORS IN HOLLYWOOD. THEY DONT NEED ANY MONEY. THEY ARE RICH. MONEY IS THE LAST THING ON THEIR MIND. THEY USED THEIR OWN MONEY TOWARDS THE MOVIE “THE KARATE KID” THAT JADEN STARRED IN. THEY HAVE PLENTY OF MONEY SO THEY ARE NOT USING THEIR CHILDREN FOR ANYTHING. THEY ARE NOT MIDDLE CLASS CITIZENS. THEY ARE FILTHY RICH.

• Sherley July 12, 2013 at 6:58 pm

I haven’t seen Willow’s video so I can’t comment on it. As for the article, as all children should Will Jada please stop calling Trey her bonus son? What’s wrong with son or step-son? I know it’s just me.

• shopaholic July 20, 2013 at 5:24 pm

I think it’s because if someone says “son” there’s a group of people will rush and say “He’s not her son! He already has a mother and it’s not Jada!”. But some people take “step-son” as a way of putting the step child below the bio children and the term can sometimes come off as a way of distinguishing between the children as if they’re different when they all should be treated and loved the same.

• gapch July 12, 2013 at 4:25 pm

willow will make jada a grandmother soon. its one thing to encourage self respect and confidence its another to have a fast little girl…

• Trisha (the original one) July 12, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Nice pic!

Those kids always look happy, they doing something right. I like what Jada had to say

• Sing a Song July 12, 2013 at 8:22 pm

The Jacksons always looked happy with Joe Jackson. Tina Turner always looked happy with Ike. Whitney always looked happy with Bobby. Unless you have seen them and know them personally, all you are seeing is public relations. Dont get reality and entertainment confused. The lines are thin but only one tells the true story in time. These kids are pleasing their parents who are pushing this lifestyle and thought process on them and the public because its a major part of their scientology belief system. Kids are treated as adults with all the responsibility and expectations that falls on an adult. That weighs heavily on childhood and eventually will break them like it did so many child stars who were given too much too soon.

• jhazzael July 13, 2013 at 12:10 am

Honey chile…I am no scientologist, I am and will always be a Catholic….yet I parented my daughter and is currently parenting me niece and nephew with the same tenets, that Jada hold true. I just tweak my methods to suit the personality, of the child.

I don’t care one way or the other about their religion, what irks me is when peoples parenting styles are citicized, or ridiculed, just because it is different than the majority

• Ericka July 13, 2013 at 12:56 am

I still say the jury is still out on this one bc the Smiths aren’t the first to use this parenting style – so did the Culkin’s (Macaulay), the Phoenix’s (River & Joaquin), the Bieber/Malette’s (Justin), the list goes on. We shall see what we see in the years to come. Hollywood just seems to have a way of shifting even the best of intentions.

• Lana July 14, 2013 at 8:58 am

I have a 17 year old, soon-to-be Columbia University product of “that type of parenting”. My baby girl is smart, confident, open minded, and ambitious. She’s also respectful and kind. I’d like to think her overall awesome-ness has a lot to do with the fact that her parents were supportive and accepting. You cannot shape and mold human beings, which is what children are. You can only provide security and pass on wisdom in hopes of them becoming well adjusted, happy adults. If you have to beat them and attempt to control them in every way, you are failing as a parent. It shouldn’t come to that for them to respect your guidance.

• Teresa McIntire July 12, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Dear Jada
    I love your poem. Your spiritual advice was so kind and thoughtful.

Sincerely
    Teresa Elaine McIntire
    Philadelphia,Pennsylvania

• Ateya July 12, 2013 at 12:55 pm

JADA thanks for this…beautiful! Loved every word!!!