SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

CELEB PARENTS REACT TO ZIMMERMAN VERDICT

thegame

Harlem prays for the family of Trayvon Martin while his dad, The Game, captures him in motion. “1st Sunday after the verdict my son wakes up & says: ‘Daddy, let’s pray for Trayvon Martin’. My reply: ‘Go get your hoody son,’” tweets the star.

The rapper was one of several celebs to express disappointment in the jury’s verdict that deemed George Zimmerman not guilty of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon last year. “Put a picture of my oldest son side by side with a picture of Trayvon because that’s how blown back I am by the NOT GUILTY verdict !!!!! What if it was MY SON,” wrote the The Game. “I feel for his parents & family…… Lord knows my heart couldn’t hold the amount of pain they’re drowning in. #RIPTrayvonMartin.”

Russell Simmons also expressed heartache over the verdict making a special statement via his website, Global Grind, that sent comfort to the family and called for an end to laws that “create the environment for a tragedy like to this to ever happen again.”

Trayvon Martin was shot to death by George Zimmerman on February 26, 2012, while en route to a family friend’s house in Sanford, Florida. Check out what other celebs had to say about Zimmerman’s verdict.

LoLa Monroe: “How devastating!! Praying for Trayvon’s mother and family..! Wow.”

Christina Milian: “Sad.. The Florida court system made a major fail. #RipTrayvonMartin #JusticeForTrayvon.. So unfortunate things like this happens everyday.”

The-Dream: “One day we will stop tearing each other down and face reality. Beyond entertainment a life of Color holds no weight.”

Meek Mill: “It’s not about black and white or any other race…It’s about the value of a black kid life being very low in America…With a black president.”

Kim Kardashian: “My heart goes out to Trayvon Martin’s family & loved ones. Thought & prayers being sent their way #NoJustice.”

Diddy: “My prayers go out to Trayvon’s family!!!! God Bless them!!!!”

Shaquille O’Neal: “George Zimmerman not guilty can u believe that. Wow.”

Chris Paul: “WoW!!! Prayers out to the Martin family…”

Dwyane Wade: “Wow!!! Stunned!!! Saddened as a father!!! Some1 make sense of this verdict for me right now please!!! Don’t worry I’ll wait…”

Tags : Posted in : Hot Topic

29 Comments to “CELEB PARENTS REACT TO ZIMMERMAN VERDICT”

• youtube.com April 15, 2014 at 3:35 am

Once jailbroken, you will be able to download all possible applications, extensions and
    themes that are unavailable through the official App-Store, via installers like
    Cydia. This was an extremely important precondition of working with them,” the post said. Remember that 3G might be spotty transmission; however I have not run into any issues with my 3G transmission.

• Tylaia July 20, 2013 at 9:30 am

I Am Partially Black And I Think All Of This Of Being About Race Is Straight Up Ignorance Yes I Admit I Did Think It was about race but if you look at the whole situation You would see that a man was looking for trouble ended up getting it from the wrong person tried to make this about racism And had got off with murder I am so blowed that my home state system works like this he should’ve been charged for disobeying the police cuz they told him not to follow him and yet he still did my State need to step up becuz y’all is making us look bad becuz of this situation
    ~Tylaia

• gwen July 18, 2013 at 11:02 pm

George Zimmerman was and still is a coward. the 6 jurors are all poor examples of kkk reps. food for thought you 6 white juror this will turn on you becouse this sick verdict is awful and wrong on every level of being immoral.

• Meela July 16, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Does anyone ever get convicted in Florida?
    He should have been charged with the minimum of manslaughter.

• MRSREYNOLDS July 16, 2013 at 1:39 pm

@ JENNY Only person dumb is you! your on a black website with your FOOLISH WORDS..get lost your opinion is not wanted nor is it valued. The fact is he should have stayed his POLICE wannabe behind in the house chasing after some one who you think is suspicious is DUMB! He will never have a life he may not be behind bars BUT TRUST me when i say.. he still in prison !!!!!!! SIGNED a mother of 2 black boys

• Sunni July 16, 2013 at 12:13 pm

I agree & disagree with a lot of comments made on here. I do want to say many people are emotional and are signing all these petitions to remove laws and they don’t even know what the law really is and are listening to others interpretation of these laws. I’ll say, make sure you know what the law really says before you jump the gun. Being a resident of Florida they taught us when I was in high school about the difference between Stand Your Ground & common self defense.

Stand Your Ground: let’s say some breaks in your house and are trying to harm you and you shoot or stab them, that’s Stand Your Ground. But if you have that same situation but instead of them attacking you when they see you, they attempt to leave your resident that’s no longer standing your ground OR self defense(and this last part isn’t just in Florida it’s everywhere except a few states). By the way Zimmerman didn’t claim this law.

Self Defense: is if YOU believe YOUR life is in danger or being threaten, you have the right to defend yourself and/or your property the best way you can. For instance a case from Atlanta last month after the NBA Finals, a man was standing in line waiting for a shoe store to open. Someone warned him and other to be careful because someone was going around robbing people. He said he wasn’t worried because he had a concealers permit and his gun on him so he wasn’t worried. Sure enough a man approached him and other in line and attempted to rob them. He shot the man who later die, called the police, they took his statement & others, and he got right back in line to get his shoes no charges filed.

Zimmerman claimed in his defense simple self defense which I think is bull because he was the aggersor. Jacksonville DA should be ashamed of themselves. They did a horrible job prosecuting this case. They did a complete disservice to Trayvon’s family. My heart hurts for his family. As an expecting mom, I was hoping for a little boy but after this weekend and finding out yesterday I am indeed having a little boy made me so sad for his future that I even cried. And the jurors, don’t get me started on them. Referring to Trayvon’s as “a boy of color” and saying you knew how you were going to vote before hand really got under my skin. I’m glad that one juror lost her book deal and her agent quit. Just sad.

Please don’t mistake my comments about the laws as defending that man. Just as a resident of Florida I felt the need to explain them the way they were explain to me when I was in high school a few years.

• Misunderstood July 16, 2013 at 6:59 pm

I hear what ur saying, but what about the black mother in Florida that’s serving 20 years for this same stand ur ground law. She was being followed, shot in the air (didn’t hit anyone) and they gave her 20 years! What about the black woman in Florida who shot her husband for raping her, and now serving 25 years. I’m born and raised in New Jersey where crime is an everyday thing so I can say this,FLORIDA SUCKS!!!!!!

• Sherley July 16, 2013 at 8:22 pm

zimmerman claimed stand your ground when he was first questioned by the police. He kept saying he applied the stand your ground law up until he had to enter a plea for the charges he faced. If he would have chosen the stand your ground law, he would have had a judge determine if he executed it properly. He wanted to face a jury, as that would be his best bet, so he changed his stance from stand your ground to self-defense.

Now the Defense Justification clause includes defense of self & defense of others, but not defense of property or pets. So if someone enters my home & I have my children home at that time; I can shoot, stab, maim or kill that person & rightly fully use the justification defense; therefore the stand your ground law isn’t necessary. The stand your ground clause actually allows someone to shoot another person if say the person is leery of them walking across the street, that person begins to walk in their direction & they feel fear pull out their legally owned gun, say don’t come any closer or I’ll shoot you & the person continues to walk towards them, they can shoot them & claim the person did not stand their ground when asked. Sadly, as long as they have means to back up the story, no charges will be filed. That is why the law needs to be abolished.

People may hate me for saying this, however,the reason the self-defense justification was able to be used was because he said Trayvon ‘attacked’ him. He backed it up by having people say they saw Trayvon on top of him & stating Trayvon was bashing his head in. If the prosecutor had any type of sense, she would have taken the focus off race & placed it on Trayvon standing his ground when he was being followed by a strange man who wouldn’t identify himself. If he did attack zimmerman, it was because he felt threatened while being followed & after trying to run away form zimmerman. They have Trayvon on tape asking why are you following me; if Trayvon simply wanted to attack zimmerman, he would have done a sneak attack instead. Once they established that, they could have listed it as a hate crime for zimmerman use of the word c o o n after shooting Trayvon.

So the issue is not us not understanding clearly what stand your ground or self defense means, it’s the prosecutors not truly caring about Trayvon’s life & making a feeble attempt to try this case simply to appease the media. This is coming from a person who not only has a BA in Criminal Justice, spent a few years interning in a law office while doing one year in law school, but who currently works in the criminal justice field.

• Bianca July 15, 2013 at 11:09 pm

There is a NAACP petition for the civil rights of Trayvon Martin I urge everyone to sign the petition it does not cost anything and it is still open it only takes five seconds to submit a petition I want to do everything in my power to bring some closure for this family.

• Sherley July 15, 2013 at 11:19 pm

There are several petitions out:

To have the Federal Government file Criminal civil charges against Zimmerman.

To prevent jurors from profiting from interviews, book deals, movie deals. One juror already has a book deal.

To request the Supreme courts to review the case.

To remove the stand your ground law in Florida.

Sign them people. But most importantly, if we are truly serious, we need to boycott all things Florida! We may not matter to them, but our money does.

• lilkunta July 16, 2013 at 8:06 am

@ sherley, so many were trying to sign the NAACP petition that the website crashed.
        I want justice for Trayvon martin as well. However, federal hate crime charges isnt going to happen as it has to be proven that george had a history fo hatred for afr am and sought them out to harm them.

still thanks for the information about how to help.

• Sherley July 16, 2013 at 7:58 pm

All the 911 phone records show zimmerman contacting the police to complain ‘report’ any black male he sees in the neighborhood. Not one call has been reported where he says any other race. If he was solely about being a watchman he wouldn’t feel the need to state their races. He also had a charge against attacking a black male, that was quietly dismissed by his father. If they look, they’ll find it.

• Ravyn July 15, 2013 at 11:07 pm

These statements I’m see all over these different sites about boycotting Florida is absolutely rediculious TO ME and very offensive. The whole state of Florida didn’t find him innocent, those six women did. Now I believe they should have found him guilty, matter of fact, I was certain they would but those 6 women sadly disappointed me. Those six women don’t represent the state of Florida. How about Chicago? Many black men and children are being killed there and I have yet to see anyone really say anything. The police there won’t even respond unless you’re being harmed when you call (and they still might not come) and people want to boycott Florida? What happened with this case happens more often then you all think in states across this country you just don’t hear about it.

• Sherley July 15, 2013 at 11:21 pm

I will not set foot in Chicago. I want to attend the Steve Harvey Show, but will not waste time going to Chicago. I am hella p i s s e d over all the madness our Black people are doing to one another. I always have been.

• Misunderstood July 16, 2013 at 10:14 am

As we’re boycotting Florida we can also boycott Chicago! Hey u get no argument from me, justice needs to be brought to any family that’s feeling and going through what the Martin family is feeling and going through. Many blessing to everyone, we as a nation of all creed and color has to stand up. If we don’t stand for something will fall for anything.

• Misunderstood July 15, 2013 at 6:57 pm

James Harrison said it best! Let me go start a fight get my behind whooped than go kill someone. U see how silly that sound. I read today that they gave Zimmerman’s sorry arse his gun back, letting him write a book and change his identity. Again it doesn’t pay to be black,

• Sherley July 15, 2013 at 5:36 pm

The picture of Harlem above..love it!

It the hip hop community really wants to make a statement, they should do one simple thing: boycott anything related to Florida. Actions speak louder than words.

• Shellz July 21, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Sherley, they also need to change the lyrics in their song promoting violence. Sadly Hip Hop music is the only music that promotes violence against another.

• Pisces July 15, 2013 at 5:35 pm

It is so important to teach our children at an early age about the ugliness in this world we all live in. Nice article.

• PlainMean July 15, 2013 at 6:00 pm

I agree. Somewhere along the line stories of our struggles stopped being passed down. Now we have all of these naive young black people saying things like “race doesn’t matter”. Raising our children to be “color blind” is doing them a disservice.

• Ateya July 15, 2013 at 2:30 pm

Im still sad by this. I mean, as I have four brothers…this is hard pill to swallow that this could have easily been them… #nojustice!

• Neonlove July 15, 2013 at 2:12 pm

This case is so sad to me. I literally cried. I think this is a wake up call to young people everywhere, specifically black men. It is also time to start getting upset about the black on black killings of our youth in inner cities like Chicago, Detroit, etc.
    And to be quite honest, I could care less about how some of these “rappers” respond when they are promoting violence and perpetrating a false “street” image of themselves. They could all kick rocks. These young kids who really are from the streets feel like they have no hope or value, and are spoon fed negativity by the culture and media.

Trayvon Martin’s death wasn’t in vain. It is time for the black community to wake up. The justice system doesn’t value us, we haven’t been valuing ourselves.

• Devon July 15, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Comment removed. This person has been identified as a troll on the site. He or she has used a number of aliases(Janell, Sweet Pea,Devon etc..). If you should see any suspicious comments, please feel free to report the comment(s)to tips@blackcelebkids.com with subject heading “Troll”. Thanks!
      If we cannot receive justice, atleast we can give him respect.

• Sherley July 15, 2013 at 5:34 pm

Couldn’t have said it better myself.

• PlainMean July 15, 2013 at 6:03 pm

You said it all!

• Celeste July 15, 2013 at 8:19 pm

It’s not just the black community that is accountable. Everyone needs to pitch in. George Zimmerman was not the only one on trial. America was and is.

• jenny July 15, 2013 at 8:32 pm

unfortunately i think only black ppl are dumb enough to believe this is 100% about race. you are on your own black ppl, keep chasing that boogeyman/racism!

• Sherley July 15, 2013 at 11:25 pm

You are the perfect example of what we are talking about.

It wasn’t about race, it was about a grown man who killed a child. zimmerman made it about race when he called Trayvon an f-ing c o o n after shooting him. Or was that the boogeyman? :/

• Shellz July 21, 2013 at 3:57 pm

Jenny all I can say is that you are clueless!! it was about racial profiling.