TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

PHAEDRA AND APOLLO NAME THEIR SON ‘DYLAN’

parks1

Dylan is the name chosen for the newborn child of Phaedra Parks and husband Apollo Nida. The ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ star recently revealed her and Apollo’s decision on naming their child during an interview with Us Weekly.

Although mom and dad are waiting to have a traditional African naming ceremony before making the name that they have chosen official, big brother Ayden already calls his newborn brother ‘Baby.’  ”Ayden pretends to ride his bike to the store for diapers and calls him ‘my baby,’” explained Phaedra. ”[Apollo and I are] waiting to have a traditional African naming ceremony.”

Phaedra gave birth to baby Dylan on May 8, 2013. He is the reality star and her husband’s second child.

Photos: Usweekly via TheYbF

47 Comments to “PHAEDRA AND APOLLO NAME THEIR SON ‘DYLAN’”

• PHAEDRA PARKS AND HER BURBERRY BABY « aboutsliver.com August 1, 2013 at 10:35 pm

[...] PHOTO: Click Here To See A Picture Of The Entire Family Now! [...]

• T Evans July 31, 2013 at 10:04 pm

Phaedra looks nothing like herself…shame on whomever photoshopped this pic!

• Real B November 10, 2013 at 7:32 pm

You mean….the baby don’t look like his daddy!! Call Maury!!

• JustNes July 29, 2013 at 11:48 am

Congrats to PHAEDRA!!!! He’s cute and looks just like his mom. Your genes are strong Girl!!!

I believe if she has a girl she will look just like daddy!

• Ateya July 29, 2013 at 9:07 am

Aww beautiful family. He looks more like Mommy! Handsome Boys♥

• miyahrimom12 July 29, 2013 at 9:07 am

yes this is the photo I was talking about…I really love this. Handsome boys.

• Jannae July 29, 2013 at 3:16 am

The comments made by skidiva are so ignorant it makes me sad . How does having an African name stop you from attaining a good job. I know many males and females with great jobs who happen to have African names this is because of there qualifications , work experience etc. All I saw in skidiva comments was pure self hatred , a name has nothing to do with what you do and contribute to society .Grab a book and educate yourself because the comments you made sound real stupid.

• Sherley July 28, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I like the name Dylan & Ayden. It’s not like Apollo & Phaedra are appealing names in themselves. Anywho, Dylan is as cute as Ayden. Apollo is handsome & Phaedra isn’t bad looking either. Beautiful family.

• Nika August 21, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I wish that we would ALLLLLLL just give them Godly Blessings, instead of criticizing their names and looks. And Julie! why are u disappointed because Dylan doesn’t look like Apollo? Hes a beautiful baby!! He doesn’t have to look like his dad!! Its about GENETICS! Remember! they can see what we post, and they have feeling too. As human beings, we must learn to consider the feelings of others. Just because we have the right to our own opinion, doesn’t mean everything should be voiced.

• julie July 28, 2013 at 1:33 pm

wow i wasn’t expecting that the baby looks nothing like apollo shrugs idk here

• Kelly July 28, 2013 at 12:50 pm

REALLY! What is so bad with Dylan. I know plenty of black males with that name. Some of you all need to really get a clue. I know plenty of black males with “African” names and they bring more embarrassment to the name than pride based on lifestyle alone. A name doesn’t define a person whatsoever nor is a predetermining factor in behavior. I guess my mother had an issue with her race because she chose to name me kelly. Not because she just happened to like the name.

• Connie1 July 29, 2013 at 6:02 pm

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH NAMING YOUR KID WHATEVER YOU WANT BUT I AM SICK AND TIRED OF PEOPLE CALLING AFRICAN OR AFRICAN AMERICAN NAMES GHETTO JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT. GUESS WHAT? THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DIFFERENT COMPARED TO EUROPEAN AMERICAN NAMES. OUR ANCESTORS WERE KILLED AT TIMES BECAUSE THEY DID NOT WANT TO TAKE ON THEIR MASTER’S NAMES AND SOME OF YOU SEEM TO FORGET THAT. SO NOW IN 2013 YOU THINK ITS PERFECTLY OK TO NAME YOUR CHILD CHRISTINA AND NOT ZAHRA OR YOMI. IF YOU THINK THAT THEN YOU ARE SICK BECAUSE YOU ARE BASICALLY SAYING THAT YOU LIKE EUROPEAN NAMES AND NOT YOUR OWN AFRICAN NAMES THAT YOU ORIGINATED WITH. WE ARE AMERICANS, SO WE CAN CHOOSE TO NAME OUR KIDS WHATEVER EUROPEAN OR AFRICAN NAME THAT WE WANT, BUT WE SHOULD NOT MAKE FUN OF AFRICAN NAMES AND PRAISE EUROPEAN NAMES.

• jiveurwayin July 27, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Lmao at Skidiva….still laffin. You nailed it sistah. I wouldn’t have dreamed of giving my kids no African or ghetto name. Black people trips me out with that. If you speak proper English…you’re talking white. If you dress preppy….you dress white, etc. My girls names are Isabella and Olivia. Should see the look on some black people faces when I tell them. First thing that come out of white people mouths. I love their names or great choice. I love their names, especially Dylan.

• Connie1 July 29, 2013 at 5:55 pm

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT YOU WOULDN’T DREAM OF GIVING YOUR CHILD AN AFRICAN NAME? WHY NOT? ARE YOU CAUCASION? IF YOUR AFRICAN AMERICAN, THEN IT SHOULD BE COMMON TO GIVE YOUR CHILD AN AFRICAN NAME. THERE ARE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL AFRICAN NAMES. ITS SAD THAT YOU AUTOMATICALLY THINK THAT EUROPEAN NAMES ARE NOT GHETTO. WELL ASHLEY, CHRIS, BOB, AND BILL ARE GHETTO TO ME. YOUR ANCESTORS FOUGHT AND DIED OVER THEIR “NAME”. THEY WERE BEATEN UNTIL THEY TOOK ON THEIR MASTER’S EUROPEAN NAME. AND YOUR PROUD AND HAPPY WITH THAT? YOUR SICK!

• SSquare July 27, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Ayden looks like both of them, has mommy’s nose. Dylan I don’t see him looking like either. He doesn’t have either of their noses, but cute baby and nice looking family.

• bck reader July 27, 2013 at 3:42 pm

Ayden looks like dad and Dylan looks like mom.

• Seriously July 27, 2013 at 9:41 am

Pheadra is too much for me …lol But I love her family

• Celeste July 27, 2013 at 1:11 am

I can’t believe Americans are so against or confused about African names and culture. Oh, wait. Nevermind. I can believe it.

• skidiva July 27, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Huh?? You have a problem with what these parents chose to name THEIR baby? And what’s scary is that you are serious. What exactly would you consider the names they gave their sons?

• Neonlove July 26, 2013 at 11:59 pm

The baby is just adorable! Dylan is a common Jamaican name. I like it

• JustNes July 26, 2013 at 11:52 am

Love this family!

• theyknow July 26, 2013 at 9:21 am

The baby is a cutie!!

• miyahrimom12 July 26, 2013 at 8:15 am

I saw a family photo of all four and it was a very nice pic of them..check it out BCK

• PHAEDRA AND APOLLO NAME SON ‘DYLAN’ « agsliver.com July 26, 2013 at 5:50 am

[...] post PHAEDRA AND APOLLO NAME SON ‘DYLAN’ appeared first on Black Celebrity [...]

• PHAEDRA AND APOLLO NAME SON ‘DYLAN’ « sliveraide.com July 26, 2013 at 5:48 am

• PHAEDRA AND APOLLO NAME SON ‘DYLAN’ « aboutsliver.com July 26, 2013 at 5:45 am

• PHAEDRA AND APOLLO NAME SON ‘DYLAN’ « SliverJewelry.com July 26, 2013 at 5:44 am

• Celeste July 25, 2013 at 9:23 pm

African naming ceremony for European Dylan? I don’t get it.

• MzArmyWife July 25, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I was thinking the same thing…

• Karlisa July 26, 2013 at 2:13 am

Its obvious that she wants to keep up with her culture’s tradition….I would think 1 would know this, hes biracial its good for her to include both cultures in her kids even down to the naming process

• Celeste July 26, 2013 at 7:28 pm

The baby’s father is biracial. So what’s your point?

• Celeste July 26, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Huh? The baby’s dad is biracial. Many African Americans are mixed in some way. What’s your point?

• Karlisa July 26, 2013 at 7:59 pm

My point is that she doesnt have to give her son an African name, she can have an African naming ceremony without the African names, her first son doesnt have an African name so its no surprise that the second doesnt either. The “baby’s dad has a name” and is also her husband. I dont get why people criticize other people about their choices. Just as there are muslims without muslim names

• Karlisa July 26, 2013 at 2:14 am

Even if the name isnt African

• Connie1 July 29, 2013 at 6:09 pm

AMERICA, WE HAVE A PROBLEM! THIS BEAUTIFUL AFRICAN AMERICAN COUPLE IN THE PIC CAN NAME THEIR KIDS WHATEVER THEY WANT BUT YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TELL SOMEONE THAT AFRICAN NAMES ARE GHETTO.

AFRICAN NAMES ARE JUST AS BEAUTIFUL AS ANY OTHER NAME AND IF YOU THINK THAT NAMING YOUR CHILD AN AFRICAN NAME WILL MAKE IT HARD FOR THEM TO GET A JOB THEN GUESS WHAT, AMERICA WE HAVE A PROBLEM. HOW SICK, RACIST, AND IGNORANT IS IT TO NOT HIRE SOMEONE BASED OFF OF THEIR NAME. SO EVERYONE SHOULD JUST NAME THEIR KIDS EUROPEAN NAMES IN ORDER FOR THEM TO GET A JOB? SICK! AMERICA YOU DISGUST ME!

• sdf July 25, 2013 at 9:00 pm

Good choice! Nothing like tyrone, rashawn or any of those other ghetto names. She is classy as ever!

• Celeste July 26, 2013 at 7:30 pm

There are plenty of beautiful African names: Idris, Kwama, Yusef, Kofi…

• skidiva July 27, 2013 at 5:02 pm

Which all translate to: I’m probably never going to get a job!

• Karlisa July 28, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Which all translate to: I’m probably never going to get a job!
          lol thats funny, they will just not a good one and prob not in America

• Sherley July 28, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Because North West, Rainbow Auroa, Blue Ivy, Pilot Inspector, Bear Blue, etc all equals I will get a job. Here’s a seat \_, both you & the person agreeing with you can share it.

• skidiva July 28, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Sherley, all of those children you named were born into privilege. They will never have to worry about working!!! And if they do, all it will take is a phone call. You can take your chair and have a seat at the reality table.

• Sherley July 28, 2013 at 8:25 pm

In my line of work, I have met 5 Beyonces ages 2-7; 1 Solange age 4, 3 Rhiannas ages 1-3; 1 Pear 9 mnths, 1 Bear 1yr old & 4 Lyrics ages 1-7. Believe me, nah one of those children are born privileged. So Skidiva, if you actually think someone isn’t going to name their child Blue Ivy or North, you are the one who needs to sleep on the reality table & not move till God grants you common sense.

• Sherley July 28, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Celeste, you cannot educate children of the late 90s & early 2000s. They already believe they know it all because it’s on the internet, when in actuality, they don’t know a damn thing.

• Oxford July 29, 2013 at 2:37 am

Ms. Sherley, I was born in 1998 and I was taught to respect every elder in my life; from my parents to our employees to the guy that sells us saltfish pate’s on the beach..

Not nice to tar us all with the same brush. Like my mum is fond of telling me; I will NEVER know more than her. When I’m 70 she’ll be 88; she’ll still know 18 more years than me.

When I was about seven or eight she told me that a SMART person learns from OTHER peoples mistakes. When I watch my three year old brothers not do something because my six year old brothers got in trouble for it, she even getting through to them.

• Connie1 July 29, 2013 at 6:07 pm

• Connie1 July 26, 2013 at 11:31 pm

IT’S FUNNY HOW SDF THINKS THAT EUROPEAN NAMES ARE CLASSY AND AFRICAN AMERICAN NAMES ARE GHETTO. SDF YOU ARE IGNORANT FOR EVEN SAYING THAT. SO I GUESS CHRIS, AMANDA, AND BILL ARE ACCEPTABLE TO YOU. THOSE ARE BORING GHETTO NAMES TO ME. I HATE EUROPEAN NAMES. I LOVE NAMES LIKE EGYPT, ZAHRA, KOFI, IDRIS ETC.. THOSE ARE CLASSY. AFRICAN NAMES ARE CLASSY!

• Oxford July 27, 2013 at 1:06 am

The name Tyrone, like the name Darnell is actually a traditionally white, southern “redneck” name.

There is a book called Black Rednecks and White Liberals by Thomas Sowell. It was required reading in my American History class when I was 10. You might want to read it, and share it with your kids before you call a beautiful name like Rashawn “ghetto”. Naming your child something like LaTequila is ghetto. Rashawn/Rasean means “shining light”. What is ghetto about that? Some of you seriously need re-educating.

BTW, having an African naming ceremony for your child does not mean your child’s name has to be African. My cousin’s maternal family is Somali, my cousin was given a naming ceremony but my cousin was given my mum’s name, honoring the woman that raised my uncle, my mum. There is nothing African about her name. First is French, middle Sicilian, Last Italian. C’est la vie.