TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

ebonymag

The memory of Trayvon Martin lives on through family members and celebrities. Ebony magazine recently decided to dedicate their entire September issue to the Martin family, and had a bit of help with their cover from Hollywood and Florida greats.

Dwyane Wade was one of many celebs to participate in a photo shoot with his sons for the upcoming issue which calls for a change in America. Boris Kodjoe and Spike Lee are also featured on the magazine’s cover with their sons, promoting the concept of unity nationwide.

In addition to taking a few pictures with his wife and a family member for the cover of EbonyTracy Martin talked with the magazine about his son. “One of the biggest points I made is the fact that we need to let the world know who Trayvon really was,” said Martin. “I don’t want this verdict to dictate his character. I wanted to start the conversation on what do we do in moving forward.”

Trayvon Martin was fatally shot by George Zimmerman on February 26, 2012 while en route to a family friend’s house. He was 17-years-old.

ebony2

ebony4

ebony1

Photos: Ebony Magazine

17 Comments to “THE MARTINS, BORIS KODJOE, DWYANE WADE, SPIKE LEE, AND THEIR SONS COVER EBONY MAGAZINE ‘FOR TRAYVON’”

• Monica August 8, 2013 at 3:09 pm

I love the pic of Trayvon’s family, but I wish they’d had a picture of him in a frame as well.

• Katherine G August 8, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I absolutely love these covers!!

• Tina August 8, 2013 at 5:45 am

Terrific idea, Ebony!

• Really Doe August 8, 2013 at 12:30 am

YESSSS!!!!! I will be purchasing. Kudos to Ebony for keeping this issue (profiling of black males, double standards in the “Stand your Ground” law) in the spotlight….would be nice if they gave some of the funds toward the civil case. As heartbreaking as this is, Trayvon did not die in vain.

• Oxford August 7, 2013 at 3:41 pm

The covers are all beautiful, I’m just not into the business of “using someone’s pain to make money”.

I sincerely hope that if anything negative about Trayvon comes out in the civil trial that these same celebrities won’t turn their backs on this family.

• Leighla August 7, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I always wonder if Boris misses the life he left behind in Germany to become so staunchly African-American. You almost wouldn’t know that he was born and raised in Germany.

• mimi August 7, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I don’t think he could give a da..

• Connie1 August 7, 2013 at 6:50 pm

WELL BORIS IS AFRICAN AMERICAN TOO SO I DONT THINK HE FEELS LIKE HE LEFT ANYTHING BEHIND. AMERICA WILL PURELY SEE HIM AS A BLACK MAN NO MATTER WHAT. GREAT PICTURES OF ALL THE MEN WITH THEIR SONS. LOVE THE MESSAGE!

• British Latin American August 8, 2013 at 3:24 pm

How much research have you done to come up with that conclusion? Not being nasty, just wondering.

• Connie1 August 12, 2013 at 8:18 pm

A LOT OF RESEARCH, SO DOES THAT ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

• MRSREYNOLDS August 7, 2013 at 2:01 pm

REALLY SOME ONE HAS NERVES TO THUMBS DOWN ALL THE POSITIVE COMMENTS SMH!

• MRSREYNOLDS August 7, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I love every cover :’)

• Sunni August 7, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Love this!

• Calypso971 August 7, 2013 at 10:21 am

I will definitively buy this September issue.
    Well done Ebony!

• THE MARTINS, BORIS KODJOE, DWYANE WADE, SPIKE LEE, AND THEIR SONS COVER EBONY MAGAZINE ‘FOR TRAYVON’ « sliveraide.com August 7, 2013 at 10:11 am

[...] post THE MARTINS, BORIS KODJOE, DWYANE WADE, SPIKE LEE, AND THEIR SONS COVER EBONY MAGAZINE ‘FOR TR… appeared first on Black Celebrity [...]

• Iridescent Me. August 7, 2013 at 9:57 am

Love this.

• truly amazing August 7, 2013 at 9:50 am

Every single one of those magazine covers, is simply beautiful. EBONY Magazine did a wonderful job.