ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

NEW MUSIC: WILLOW SMITH’S ‘DROWNING’

smith

Twelve-year-old Willow Smith is back with another tune for fans. Her latest song, Drowning, features Mecca Kalani and is far different from her previously released single, “Summer Fling.”

In the song, Willow talks about having her heart broken by the boy that she loves. The serious and melancholy ballad digs deep into feelings after love is loss.

The young starlet recently released her controversial song, Summer Fling, where she sings about staying uncommitted to a relationship and just having fun. Many argues that the subject and the music video for the song were much too old for the pre-teen.

Check out Willow’s latest track, Drowning, below.

Listen Now!

Tags : Posted in : Featured

13 Comments to “NEW MUSIC: WILLOW SMITH’S ‘DROWNING’”

• Anonymously August 9, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Theres a such thing as too much too soon. Let her learn her way but you don’t have to let her learn too fast.

• whateva August 8, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I actually like the lyrics to the song and would actually go for it if it were being sung by someone older … way older. I think this is just too heavy for a twelve year old.

• Michelle August 8, 2013 at 8:11 am

If you complain about her hair you’re missing the point. The idea is that her body doesn’t belong to anyone else. Just by wearing the wig she challenges the idea that you need to wear your hair a certain way to make other people happy. Smells like the same kind of backwardness that leads an elementary school to ban puffs and twists.

• Church August 7, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Jada and Will have such beautiful children. Too bad they didn’t allow Trey’s mother (his ex-wife to raise them the way she raised him. SMDH! Will and Jada are so mucked up and arrogant they are turning these beautiful kids into freaks with the wigs, weird clothes, hair coloring, scientology theology, etc… Whats wrong with them?

• jhazzael August 7, 2013 at 8:12 pm

The vocals are great, the lyrics are just they type of lyrics a teenager would use to express themselves if they had fashioned themselves in love and got their heart broken……tragically so……lol.

I expected these types of comments, it is par for the course when it comes to Willow. I couldn’t put my hand on what I found wrong with the sound and though it was apt for the mood they were conveying with the lyrics, it was the repetitive piano chord (my bro pointed it out to me) that grated my nerves a lil bit.

I will still be listening to this though, i love supporting kids. Were anybody to look at my youtube history you would see a lot of videos with kids singing

• Me Myself and I September 13, 2013 at 12:16 pm

finally someone gets what I’m thinking.

• me August 7, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Someone P.L.E.A.S.E help this child with her hair and wardrobe…

• Me Myself and I September 13, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Why do you care itsn ot your body shes not in this world to impress anyone.

• Dee August 7, 2013 at 7:13 pm

Why would Jada allow her to shave off her beautiful hair just to sport around that atrocious wig? And lastly, with all the money that they have why can’t she get a better looking wig if she must have one. Nonetheless, will us a beautiful looking girl underneath that horrid wig.

• sdf August 7, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Why the hair though?

• Shelly August 7, 2013 at 4:55 pm

The song ok but the hair omg smh

• Jessica August 7, 2013 at 2:41 pm

She has a nice voice. Sounds like she’s copying things she’s heard. It’s just a bunch of cliche metaphors strung together–drowning, falling and being picked up, emotional scars, river of eternal love– **yawn**

• BROOKE-MARIE August 7, 2013 at 1:36 pm

They try too hard with her. She is 12 and should be allowed to be that. A lot of her songs are too mature. I know they want her to be a star and cross over as a adult but if she is meant to do that God will make it happen so their is no need to rush her growing up too fast. I like Willow but they just need to slow some stuff down with her..