TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

TAMAR BRAXTON ON PREGNANCY: ‘I’M NEVER DOING IT AGAIN’

tamar

Is another child on the way for Tamar Braxton? No, according to the singer and talk show host herself. Tamar recently told Watch What Happened Live that baby Logan is more than enough for her.  “I’m never doing it again,” said Tamar. “It’s a lot.”

In a recent interview with GMA, Braxton revealed that when her son was born, she did not connect with him right away.

“I was questioning my motherhood. Like, ‘Is this a mistake that God made?’ Or like, ‘Is this something that I need to hand over to my husband?’ Because he and the baby connected instantly. And I wanted that. And I guess I was a little jealous,” the singer revealed.

As for season two of her and husband Vincent Herbert’s reality show, ‘Tamar and Vince,’ the singer said that her mom and sister will join her on a few episodes of the show. “On this season, they do, only because I’m having a baby, and I’m team too much … [I'm] a hot mess,” said the star.

Tamar and Vincent welcomed baby Logan into the world on June 6, 2013. He is their first child together.

Photos: Instagram

29 Comments to “TAMAR BRAXTON ON PREGNANCY: ‘I’M NEVER DOING IT AGAIN’”

• nesh September 7, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Tamar actually did another interview stating that of course she loved her baby when she was first born but what she meant when she said she didn’t instantly “fall in love with him” was that she was in shock. It was all about her for a long time & when she had the baby it was surreal . The type of this is a dream type of feeling. I believe she loves her husband as well as her new baby. What is the problem? People are acting like she isn’t human or she isn’t allowed to be tired & state her opinion. Motherhood is one of the toughest, hardest jobs to ever take on. So what if she was selfish or maybe even childish before. Doesn’t anybody think maybe she had to get used to it. Like C’mon who is anyone to judge that.

• LoganIsCute August 20, 2013 at 11:15 am

I’m sorry but almost every time I read about Tamar speaking out about motherhood or pregnancy it’s something negative. It really doesn’t seem like Tamar is feeling motherhood. I’m sure she loves her son, but being a mother is really not something that she wanted. Normally I would say this is a sign of postpartum depression but in Tamar’s case I don’t think so because she made it perfectly clear before she got pregnant that she didn’t want to get pregnant and she didn’t want kids any time soon.

I know she mentioned that down the line she wanted to adopt an Asian little girl, raise her as black and name her Disney but I thought that was a joke.

I know from watching her show, Tamar’s main focus was TAMAR and her main goal was to become a famous singer and “drop it like its hot” (her own words), and she didn’t have time for a baby. Every time Vince mentioned a baby she shot the idea down.

She didn’t agree to having the baby until Vince got sick. His near death experience scared her and she didn’t want him to leave this world without experiencing fatherhood so she had the baby. She had that baby to appease Vince. She went through all kinds of treatments because she was having trouble getting pregnant and even interviewed surrogates because she didn’t want to carry the baby and stretch her body out.

Then she ended up pregnant but she never really seemed to thrilled about it. I guess she thought once the baby came, she would fall in love with him and all her apprehension about motherhood would go out of the window like it does with some mothers but that wasn’t the case.

GOOD LUCK TAMAR! Its a good thing Vince is there because I bet he will be taking the majority of the parental duties. He’s the one who wanted a baby. I just hope she is good to him and he doesn’t grow up and see all the negative stuff and think he isn’t wanted by his mother.

• Tonya August 19, 2013 at 8:37 am

She’ll move pass the feeling over time. It can be overwhelming for some, I’m sure. Btw,their son is cute and adorable.

• Sherley August 17, 2013 at 8:17 pm

I only have one child, I wanted more but it never happened & I’m perfectly ok with it & don’t give a rat behind who thinks differently. I’m surprised she did it the first time. Pregnancy isn’t cute, easy nor fun. People need to hush it up!

• ASIS September 2, 2013 at 11:34 am

I don’t think Tamar is like you. I think what you are describing is normal. Tamar is selfish. It has always been the “all-about-me” show with her and it hasn’t changed. People like that should not be mothers. It’s okay to be into yourself, but you shouldn’t bring a child into that. Real motherhood is sacrificial. I cannot imagine Tamar in that role.

• Ebony Starr August 17, 2013 at 11:16 am

IMO, the reason that so many are having a problem with Tamar’s revelation about motherhood is her attitude before.Everything was about her. Even in pregnancy, some women enjoy the attentionthat they receive. It’s all about them! Tamar talked about how Toni took care of her. I’m sure the Vince doted on her endlessly. The second that the baby was born everything became about him. Some women and men get jealous that they are no longer the center of their significant other’s world. Tamar could also be experencing that feeling of what about me! I’m pretty sure that Vince took one look at his firstborn son and instantly feel in love and Tamar knew that her whining and tantrum days were numbered! Again, just my opinion.

• Nene August 17, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Agreed.

• Nene August 17, 2013 at 4:22 pm

As soon as Tamar’s husband Vince want another baby that is when they will have another baby. Tamar fail to realize she is a married woman with a kid now, everything isn’t always about her. I love her though.

• BigBlue August 17, 2013 at 8:47 am

Tamar is saying that right now. But next year, she will probably be pregnant with another one!

• dionne August 17, 2013 at 8:14 am

Amazing how babies change from one month to the next, he’s a blessed baby with two parents that loves him and it don’t hurt that they are also well off(money wise). I cant wait until he’s walking and talking and I hope he takes after daddy.

• Jannae August 17, 2013 at 3:55 am

I believe tamarr needs to speak her mind on what she is going through because a lot of people can relate to her story .Tamar speaking out can maybe change women from thinking there alone and seek help . On a side note becoming a mother from my standpoint has not changed tamarr(apart from the post partum depression which is no joke) tamar has not matured as a woman grown up from her childish antics eg having twitter wars with people , attention seeking , everything seems like its me me me. Tamarr did well speaking about what she went through but she needs to seek help weather it be counselling etc. to possibly get better and achieve that bond with her precious bundle of joy.

• Celeste August 17, 2013 at 6:59 am

In other words, she needs a therapist or reality checker.

• Jannae August 17, 2013 at 3:55 am

• Nene August 16, 2013 at 11:31 pm

This is a very good picture of little Vince. Vince spit that kid out he is cute.

• Nene August 16, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Tamar know she is going to want that little girl someday. If Vince want another baby then she will be having another baby lol.

• MommyRN August 16, 2013 at 8:18 pm

He is cute!!!

• Celeste August 16, 2013 at 6:11 pm

I wish she would never do airbrush and plastic surgery again.

• Misunderstood August 16, 2013 at 3:45 pm

Logan looks just like his auntie Traci! If Tamar doesn’t want anymore kids that’s her right! I just want 1 and I mean 1, but mistakes do happen.

• Oxford August 16, 2013 at 2:29 pm

Why are women putting Tamar down for being honest? Not everyone gets the fairytale pregnancy and birth/bonding experience. My mum has six bio kids from four pregnancies, wonderful pregnancies, my mum loved being pregnant but after each birth my mum suffered Post Partum Depression. If it weren’t for having a great pregnancy and medication for the first few weeks after birth I would be her only bio child.

It’s better that a woman be realistic and honest than have a child that she didn’t want to, to please someone else or society.

There are enough unwanted children in this world (all socioeconomic levels). I know a few wealthy unwanted children that attached themselves to us growing up and my parents were loving enough to make them part of our “tribe” and they have grown into proper teens and adults, no thanks to the people who brought them into the world. My younger brothers and cousin (11, 10, 6 & 6) regularly bring home agemates from boarding school for weekends and major holidays like Christmas because if my parents and tante & oncle didn’t let them these kids would spend them in school.

Women need to stop putting down women for being human. And BTW, what is wrong with having a nanny? A good nanny knows when to do her job and makes herself scarce when the parents are able to be hands on. A good nanny helps a parent to be the best parent they can be, they are not pseudo parents and are not expected to parent their charges. My mum is 34 years old and her childhood nanny will forever be a part of our family. When my mum didn’t need her anymore she came back to run her household. When my mum adopted and then started having children she became one of our grand-mere’s. I love her the same as my bio grand-mere’s and she loves us. She’s retired and lives in Orly, France and we see her at least once per month, more than the bio’s.

It just bothers me when people act as if a woman is less than other women if she uses a nanny.

• Babyluv August 18, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Real women rake care of their children they dont push them off on nannys. Your over sensitive always when anyone brings up nannys. Makes me think you had one instead of a mother, your mothers shouldn’t have had all those children if she couldn’t take care of them.

• Juice August 16, 2013 at 1:27 pm

He is growing into his looks. What a beautiful baby

• Sunni August 16, 2013 at 11:16 am

There is nothing wrong with Tamar not wanting to have more kids. I’m pregnant with my first baby & like she said it is a lot to deal with. It’s not fun and it’s no where near how people like to make it seem. This baby will be my first and hopefully my last. Does that make me a bad person? Does it make me selfish? I think not.

• Why August 16, 2013 at 10:43 am

I like Tamar, but I think she had a baby cause Vince wanted a child. Tamar seems selfish…

• Angel Eyes August 16, 2013 at 11:39 am

Reread your comment. “She had a baby cause Vince wanted a child. Tamar seems selfish”. If she had a baby for her husband like you say, she’s the opposite of selfish.

• LaTanya August 16, 2013 at 10:35 am

I’m an only child I remember asking my mom why didn’t she have more kids. She said she only one child…a girl. Some women only want one child that doesn’t make them bad. My mother and I are very close especially now since I have my own children!

• chelle belle August 16, 2013 at 10:10 am

she is really stating to irk me….she’ll say anything for attenion, I’ll be pray for Vince but he had hand in creating this monster because of his own insecurities, smh, God bless to the baby,my he growto wise despite his surroundings

• universitychick August 16, 2013 at 10:02 am

I knew I never liked this girl for a reason. Logan will be used to his nannies soon enough.

• Trisha (the original one) August 16, 2013 at 9:28 am

He’s so cute!!

People aren’t gonna receive what Tamar said well. But there are a lot of mother’s who can probably relate to her. She’s not an overly emotional person, she’s overly dramatic lol. So how she says things sounds worse than they really are. She probably did suffer from some postpartum, i hope the bond between her & little Logan grows

• CECE August 16, 2013 at 9:20 am

mommies eyes…daddy’s mouth and cheeks! He is one handsome baby!