ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

MONICA AND SHANNON BROWN CELEBRATE AT BABY SHOWER

monica6

It was a world of pink balloons and ponies as Monica and Shannon Brown celebrated the impending birth of their daughter, Laiyah, over the weekend. The singer and her basketball player husband held the party at Jermaine Dupri’s house, having lots of activities along with decorations that stunned the crowd.

The backyard was decorated with pink and purple balls that floated along the pool’s water.  Party planner Mindy Weiss seemed to be going for a more laid back shower with comfortable patio furniture that guests could sit on or lay across throughout the backyard. Ludacris, Nene and Greg Leakes, Keri Hilson, and other celebs in Atlanta joined Monica and Shannon in celebration of their expectancy.

“It was very whimsical, just like a Disney princess movie and just as I had envisioned it,” Monica told People magazine of the baby shower “There was so much love in the room and everybody had a great time.”

The pregnant star also added that she is excited to meet her daughter. “I know everything about WrestleMania and Tonka Trucks so I’m excited to share shopping dates and manis and pedis with her. But I’m really looking forward to teaching her about life,” said Monica. “I want to be an example to her like my mother was to me.”

The Browns are expecting their first child to arrive next month. Monica has two kids, Rodney Jr.,8, and Romelo,5, with ex-boyfriend Rodney Hill Sr. Shannon also has a son from a previous relationship.

monica-05-600x450

monica-06-600x450

Photos: Milanes Photography/@MonicaLife/ People.com

31 Comments to “MONICA AND SHANNON BROWN CELEBRATE AT BABY SHOWER”

• Nonya August 30, 2013 at 9:25 am

So loving the decor! I just love baby showers! Jermaine has a lovely home. Congrats to Monica and Shannon. Such a beautiful family.

• theyknow August 28, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Love everything about her shower. That is going to be one pretty little girl!!

• dee dee August 27, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Its not about Luda tho. Everything was on point. They are a beautiful family. That little girl is going to be so pretty.

• Dana August 27, 2013 at 5:51 pm

The only good thing about any of these photos is Ludacris. Ehh.. to everything else!

• miyahrimom12 August 27, 2013 at 12:15 pm

I absolutely loooove Monica and her fam!! She is beautiful inside and out! Im so happy that this is going to be a girl this time!! She is going to be soooo spoiled!! I can’t wait to see all the cute things she will be wearing!!!

• Suns Shannon Brown & wife Monica’s pink-and-puple pony themed baby shower [photos] August 27, 2013 at 12:14 pm

[...] Curtsy to BCK [...]

• Patrice August 27, 2013 at 12:08 pm

This is simply BEAUTIFUL !!! Also Monica and Tiny have been friends 20 yrs . Allowing her to name her daughter was a huge honor Tiny said but she did say Monicas daughter middle name hadnt been chosen yet. And Monica said on IG that they had Laiyah Love on a few things at the shower because the shower was a celebration of this love for her. Not her name. Rocko and Romelo ALWAYS look so handsome. Love that they had activities for her boys. Keeping them included .

• universitychick August 27, 2013 at 12:07 pm

They look beautiful together. Monica’s baby will be GORG :)

• 2centsnochange August 27, 2013 at 10:44 am

Tiny announced that she is the god mom. I remember Tiny losing her daughter, but forgot that was her name. Beautiful name, beautiful friendship.

• Nik August 27, 2013 at 10:22 am

I’m sorry its strange that this man’s child is never around. Like he kid’s not even warrant a name in up top. But nice shower.

• Leah August 27, 2013 at 10:31 am

How do you know exactly if his son is not around?? Monica always post pics of all 3 children! She was even there for his graduation this year!! Shannon e is still bitter so she always makes a big issue when he has his son around Monica and her kids!!

• Nik August 27, 2013 at 1:35 pm

First @leah calm, collect, chill out!! Are you Monica. She posted pics of that little boys graduation ONLY.. She has no other pictures of this child. And if you notice her children are rarely if they are in pictures with shannon brown son. IMO AGAIN IMO it is strange… seems to me there is more to the story. That’s all. Celebrities are not God they have real flaws and issues like us common folk. Why are you angry? How many pics has BCK post with Monica and her sons sans Shannon Brown child like dang he is never in pictures with them. Again, you don’t have to agree its my opinion

• universitychick August 27, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Maybe the baby mama doesn’t WANT Monica posting pics of her child smh

• Nik August 27, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Whew! Here we go! But she has posted one collage pic of the lil boy at his graduation idk what smh means toward me. READ @leah and my post. Again its my opinion. Why so press… smdh

• universitychick August 27, 2013 at 2:45 pm

Not pressed boo. That’s not Monica’s child. I’m sure she loves him though.

• Think4Yourself August 28, 2013 at 4:10 pm

Monica said on Twitter a few times that she/they are not allowed to post pictures of Shannon’s son. I think there’s either a court order in place or the boy’s mother doesn’t want them posting his picture. If his mother doesn’t want them posting pictures of her son, I think they should oblige her wishes. If you notice, Shannon doesn’t post pictures of the boy either. I think it’s strange that people always point out that Monica never tweets pictures of the boy but no one ever says anything about Shannon not posting pictures of his OWN son. People shouldn’t be so quick to assume little Shannon doesn’t spend time with them just because there aren’t pictures posted on social media to prove that he does. From what I’ve heard the boy spends plenty of time with his dad, stepmom and stepbrothers. They have pictures of their time together, they just don’t post them publicly.

• Think4Yourself August 28, 2013 at 4:19 pm

I forgot to add that random people on Twitter have seen Shannon, Monica and all 3 boys out and about in L.A., Atlanta, Phoenix and at different amusement parks and posted pictures of them. Last summer, little Shannon went on vacation with them to Tennessee. You couldn’t tell by the pictures Monica posted because she’s not allowed to post pictures of the boy. But other people at the amusement park posted pictures of Shannon holding his son and of someone pushing Romelo and little Shannon around in a double stroller. Monica did a concert in New York last summer and little Shannon was in pictures backstage with his dad while she performed. I have seen pictures of Shannon, Monica and little Shannon at an amusement park together in Cali. The point of all of this is the boy does spend time with them but to avoid drama with the boy’s mother, they don’t post pictures.

• unqbaby19 August 27, 2013 at 8:34 am

Her shower looked absolutely stunning. Her baby girl will be gorgeous, I can already tell. Love them!

• Nonya August 27, 2013 at 8:00 am

Absolutely stunning!

• Kela August 27, 2013 at 7:20 am

Cute, I can’t wait to see the baby, her kids are adorable!

• Tanya August 27, 2013 at 4:09 am

Beautiful! Love the name.

• Medallist irk August 26, 2013 at 11:44 pm

Awwww..love it

• Sherley August 26, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Awwww..the name is cute. Knowing it has special meaning to someone else makes it that much sweeter. Congrats Brown family.

• SitDown August 26, 2013 at 9:08 pm

Laiyah Love is a beautiful name for what is going to be a beautiful baby girl. Can’t wait to see baby pics.

• Misunderstood August 26, 2013 at 7:05 pm

Monica looks beautiful and the boys r so handsome! Wishing Monica and Shannon the absolute best! Monica keeps her boys dressed, I can’t wait to see how she dresses little Laiyah Love!

• Kim August 26, 2013 at 5:51 pm

Tiny was Leyah amor…close enough. But still a nice sentiment

• JEE August 26, 2013 at 4:50 pm

I guess Ti and Tiny had input on the name. Their baby that died had the same name, but different spelling. LAYAH AMORE -v s Monica’s LAIYAH LOVE.lol

• Neonlove August 26, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Aww, I didn’t know that. That’s a sweet way to honor her.
      I am so happy for Monica, and she looks great to almost be due.

• Kimberly August 26, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Yeah Monica Announced a Few months back that Tiny had named the baby and it was a special name that meant alot to them.

• Toya August 26, 2013 at 4:47 pm

They are such a good looking couple. And they seem to really be in love…. Baby will be a little princess for sure.

• wrong August 26, 2013 at 4:37 pm

So cute. Congrats to them again.