TAMERA MOWRY-HOUSLEY SAYS IT TOOK A YEAR TO LOSE THE BABY WEIGHT

ZENDAYA HITS THE ELLE RED CARPET

TAMAR BRAXTON AND SON COVER EBONY MAGAZINE

tamar

Tamar Braxton-Herbert and son Logan Herbert cover the October edition of Ebony Magazine. In the issue, the singer opens up about her painful struggle with infertility and skin disease Vitiligo, which she says worsened during her pregnancy.

“Anybody with skin issues knows that that’s a very sensitive subject. And that’s why I’ve never shared that I have Vitiligo, because I do. I’ve always had it, since I was a young girl. It’s not as bad as others because everybody has it differently, but I’ve certainly had mine diagnosed. That’s why I tan. People say, “You bleach your skin!” But I tan just so I can have a better tone on my skin, boo!”

“It’s gotten worse since I’ve gotten pregnant. If you shake my hand now, to me it’s more noticeable. But when you get diagnosed with a skin disorder, it’s hard. It does weigh on your self-esteem. It really does. But I’m done defending that. I’m not bleaching my skin and if I was bleaching my skin and I felt like saying so, I would, but for the record, I am not,” Tamar tells the publication.

The songstress credits her husband Vince Herbert for helping her to curb her cravings while she was pregnant. “He’s like, ‘Nope. Don’t do it. You’re gonna be mad.” Vince adds, “Even before the pregnancy, she was very conscious about her weight, so I’m just helping her to be a better person.”

The issue will be on newsstands on September 17th, but you can read parts of the interview HERE.

Source: Ebony Magazine

Tags : Posted in : Featured

19 Comments to “TAMAR BRAXTON AND SON COVER EBONY MAGAZINE”

• tellingitlikeitis September 10, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Universitychick….you hit the hammer right on the nail,lmto. Like the saying goes, people want see it coming til it hit them in the face. People better wake the heck up before its to late.

• tellingitlikeitis September 10, 2013 at 7:32 pm

Jealous of a woman that asked God, did she have the right baby? Why? because he looks exactly like the husband that she loathes. She is only in the marriage for security. Look at Vince and look at Tamar, give me a break. What attractive woman in their right mind would marry that lump? That baby looks exactly like him but in a cute way.

• Nene September 10, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. A lot of women in their right minds would marry Vince.

• Nene September 10, 2013 at 10:41 pm

God made someone for everyone!

• theyknow September 9, 2013 at 12:19 pm

I love her like this without all the blonde hair and loads of makeup. She is a very pretty girl!!

• summerjay September 9, 2013 at 11:27 am

Tamar is pretty!! She doesn’t need all that clown makeup and bleached blonde weave!! I love this look on her, hope she rocks it awhile!! How cute is Logan??

• InnocentCorruption September 9, 2013 at 10:20 am

Tamar looks exactttttttttttttttttttly like her Dad. I always thought she looks better with dark hair but Vince likes blondes so I don’t expect her to keep this look. I also like the makeup EBONY choose though its not the Braxton’s style. They love those super long, thick eyelashes and their makeup. I can’t wait to watch her interact with Logan on BFV. I think Logan looks like Vince all the way, with Tamar’s complexion.

• AARON September 8, 2013 at 11:46 am

Logan is so cute. Tamar is an amazing singer. In this pic Tamar looks just like her dad. lol

• Ebony Starr September 7, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Has she still no bonded wih Loga? She looks so detache in this picure(JMO).

• yeahbaby September 7, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Someone is quick to talk about Tamar looking like a “Muppet” when they probably look like King Kong behind their computer or cellphone screens…..Anyway Tamar looks lovely & her son is adorable.

• universitychick September 7, 2013 at 11:18 am

DEAD at Ebony having her wear black hair for their black readers lol these folk are so transparent…….

• Misunderstood September 7, 2013 at 10:50 am

Logan so cute! This is the best I’ve seen Tamar look!

• Mia September 7, 2013 at 10:24 am

Gorgeous family. I like Tamar, she can be nerve wrecking sometimes but she is real. I think the baby is beautiful and he’s changed so much since he was first born. I like Tamar and Vince together they seem to balance each other out perfectly. No relationship is perfect but they seem to make it work. Keep it up and stay blessed.

• nurse nan September 7, 2013 at 8:18 am

Congrats Tamar and Vince, girl just ignore the haters, they are just
    Jealous, Yeah I said it, Jealous.

• Neonlove September 6, 2013 at 11:29 pm

Gorgeous and natural. She looks just like Toni, and look at how her baby is looking up at her. So sweet.

• Nene September 6, 2013 at 10:51 pm

I’m happy God blessed them with a beautiful healthy baby. I keep telling people when you want something done you got to pray and it will happen. I like Tamar and Vince as a couple they seem to balance each other out perfectly. Beautiful family. Mom looks good especially after just giving birth to a baby. Logan is gorgeous.

• GREATERISCOMING September 6, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I love how his eyes are fixed on his mommy! She looks a lot like her big sis
    Toni here.

• Blue Hairs September 6, 2013 at 7:10 pm

She looks fabulous, young an fresh faced here. She needs to hire this makeup artist that Ebony used. Maybe she is not a muppet after all. She just needed a make under. Logan is cute.

• JustMe September 7, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I agree that this is the best I’ve seen her look in a while. She’s so over done sometimes it’s almost like she’s in drag. Sometimes less is more. She looks great here.