ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

VANESSA SIMMONS IS PREGNANT!

simmons2

She is no longer daddy’s little girl! Budding actress Vanessa Simmons is pregnant with her first child-a baby girl.  Rapper Rev Run Simmons’ eldest daughter  announced her expectancy on Instagram today, posting a picture of a sonagram with the caption, “A little princess is on the way.”

Dad Rev Run took to Twitter earlier today to send his congratulations to the soon-to-be mommy. “So happy!!! Congrats to my Daughter Vanessa & Mike Wayans,” he wrote.

Ms. Simmons is reportedly five months along. Mike Wayans is the son of comedian Damon Wayans’ son.

Photo: BET.com

Tags : Posted in : Expecting

44 Comments to “VANESSA SIMMONS IS PREGNANT!”

• Lateshia October 19, 2013 at 10:02 am

I was reading the comments on women not being married when they bring a child in the world. I’m 31 and my mom and aunts, great aunts, would constantly instill in me to have bring a kid in the world when I’m married. I can understand accidents happen, but nowadays I see more women then anything having babies and not even married yet. I don’t have any kids of my own yet and I haven’t been married yet but I have been thinking about getting an IVF treatment I would hate to bring a child in the world and be single.

At the same time I wish Vanessa Simmons the best of luck with the baby.

• @msjaikelle October 12, 2013 at 7:32 am

Congrats! ♥baby girls

• Really Doe October 1, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Yoooo, Does anyone else see what i’m seeing?! That’s one pretty baby profile, judging from that sonogram !!!

• Sherley October 1, 2013 at 7:55 pm

This is what annoys me about people. No being married doesn’t guarantee you wont get a divorce; wont guarantee you wont become a single parent & wont guarantee you a spot in Heaven. However, being married means you both took the time to commit to one another; that first commitment makes it easier to have another commitment of having children. It is easier for a boyfriend to walk away from his responsibility, than it is for a husband. And if the husband does, at least you can get child support as you’ll have his social security number. If you both will work hard towards making a marriage work, chances are better you’ll both work just as hard at being parents.

But because of this nonchalant marriage doesn’t mean a thing attitude from this new generation we have a slew of baby mamas on shows called housewives. We have shows of 16 & pregnant & have no shame. We need to teach our daughters not to spread it wide for just any man who says baby. We need to teach our sons not to bust in just any woman with a big booty.

We need to stop showing our daughters that the norm is for woman to have babies by multiple men & our son that it’s acceptable to get her pregnant & walk away. The children are the ones who suffer the most, not the adults. Basically we need to bring morals, integrity & decency back into the future generation.

• Oxford October 1, 2013 at 8:33 pm

I 100% agree Ms. Sherley. As much as I want nieces and nephews I want sister in laws first. My unmarried brother gave me a niece but he adopted her as a single parent. I think it would be an insult to my parents to give their grandchildren less than they gave us.

• Sherley October 1, 2013 at 10:33 pm

When I talk to my son about his future, I say your wife. So you can help your wife with the children, so you & your wife…etc. This way he’ll know the importance of making a woman his wife.

• Connie1 October 4, 2013 at 7:27 pm

THE MAJORITY OF DIVORCES ARE ALSO WITHIN CAUCASION AMERICAN HOUSEHOLDS. THEY ARE STILL THE MAJORITY IN OUR COUNTRY SO THEY ARE HIGH ON THE SCALE OF MANY STATISTICAL DATA. IT JUST SEEMS LIKE IT AFFECTS AFRICAN AMERICANS MORE BECAUSE WE ARE THE MINORITY. BUT REALLY, THERE ARE ACTUALLY MORE CAUCASION CHILDREN BORN IN UNWED HOUSEHOLDS, MORE CAUCASION MEN IN JAIL THAN AFRICAN AMERICAN, AND MORE CAUCASIONS ON WELFARE. MAKE SURE YOU REALLY READ DEEP INTO THOSE STATISTICS OF YOURS. CAUCASIONS OUTNUMBER US TREMENDOUSLY. THE SHOW 16 AND PREGANAT HAS MOSTLY CAUCASION GIRLS ON IT. I THINK IVE SEEN LIKE 3 AFRICAN AMERICAN GIRLS OUT OF THE ENTIRE SEASON. THERE ARE LIKE 18 CAUCASION GIRLS.

• Nene October 1, 2013 at 3:37 pm

This is a nice article on Why Marriage Is Good For You

By:Maggie Gallagher

When Americans debate the value of marriage, most attention focuses on the potential harm to children of divorce or illegitimacy, and for good reason. Mountains of research tell us that children reared outside of intact marriages are much more likely than other kids to slip into poverty, become victims of child abuse, fail at school and drop out, use illegal drugs, launch into premature sexual activity, become unwed teen mothers, divorce, commit suicide and experience other signs of mental illness, become physically ill, and commit crimes and go to jail. On average, children reared outside of marriage are less successful in their careers, even after controlling not only for income but also for parental conflict.

Yes, marriage protects children. And yes, marriage therefore protects taxpayers and society from a broad and deep set of costs, personal and communal. But there is another case for marriage, equally significant, that you probably haven’t heard. Marriage is a powerful creator and sustainer of human and social capital for adults as well as children, about as important as education when it comes to promoting the health, wealth, and well-being of adults and communities. For most Americans, this is news. When it comes to adults, the case for lifelong marriage has been framed in exclusively moral, spiritual, and emotional terms: one side argues for personal liberation from marriage, the other urges parents to sacrifice for God’s and/or the kids’ sake.

• Nene October 1, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Why Marriage Is Good For You

By:Maggie Gallagher

• Nene October 1, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Congrats. I never thought in a million years she would have a child out of wedlock. She is grown (30) and we all make mistakes so I pray and wish her the best.

But I do think marriage is a wonderful thing. Marriage is an oath you take before God promising him to love nurture and think about someone other than yourself.

• MelB October 1, 2013 at 1:15 pm

73% of black children are born to unwed black mothers, compared to 29% of whites…sad stats, but there you have it…I’m sure as usual we will stick our heads in the sand and not call this %&^$ out…I feel so bad for the generations behind me to not even know this as an option before having kids.

• Connie1 October 4, 2013 at 7:22 pm

MELB THOSE STATISTICS ARE INACURRATE. CAUCASION WOMEN HAVE CHILDREN OUT OF WEDLOCK 30% MORE THAN AFRIICAN AMERICAN WOMEN. LOOK AT 16 AND PREGNANT. WHAT COLOR ARE THE MAJORITY OF THE GIRLS ON THAT SHOW? CAUCASION. YOU ARE READING THE WRONG STATISTICS SWEETIE!

• Candace October 5, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Connie, that’s because they are a larger percentage of the population, but those stats are correct. African Americans are disproportionately likely to be born out of wedlock.

• Connie1 October 6, 2013 at 12:39 am

CANDACE, YOU PROVED MY POINT. THERE ARE A LARGER PERCENTAGE OF CAUCASION AMERICANS BEING BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK. SO WHAT IS YOUR POINT? IF THERE ARE MORE CAUCASIONS BEING BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK THEN WHY DO PEOPLE ALWAYS LIKE TO MAKE IT SEEM THAT THE PROBLEM ONLY EXISTS IN AFRICAN AMERICAN HOUSEHOLDS. YOU JUST SAID THAT, THAT IS NOT TRUE. SINCE CAUCASIONS ARE THE MAJORITY!

• Connie1 October 4, 2013 at 7:26 pm

• Nonya October 1, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Aww, congratulations to the couple! I know her parents are thrilled. Wow, another Wayans on the way. :)

• loving life October 1, 2013 at 11:48 am

The majority of marriages end in divorce. I come from a family of hardcore Christians. We all got married first and most of us are divorced. The bible says not to judge. And remember the bible is King James version. Thats why everyone should have their own personal relationship with God.

• Ms. J October 1, 2013 at 9:30 am

I can’t believe how judgmental some people are. Nobody is perfect. And God does not expect us to be.

With all the horrible things that are going on in the world, this is what people choose to complain and be disappointed about. Look at your own life.

Kids being killed for no reason, women and children being victims of Sex trafficking, and world hunger. Those three things hurts me to my soul. This having a baby before marriage, I could care less. Get off of your high horses. I am not a parent but hope to be someday. Anyone who are able to have children are blessed.

With that being said, Congrats these two and their families.
    Reply all you want, I won’t be back to read it.

• Sherley October 1, 2013 at 7:58 pm

And that right there is the problem, we stopped caring. It is important, it is a necessity, it’s just right. Forget about what the Bible says & think how much easier it is for a family of mom, dad & two children to function vs a family of mom & three children by two different men who aren’t in the home.

• unqbaby19 October 1, 2013 at 9:20 am

Ok, well let me first say congratulations to them. Babies are a blessing whether born in Wedlock or not. We can all have our opinions of course, but at the end of the day, it is the choice of the individual whether they want to be married or not before having a baby. There are alot of marriages that end in divorce because they wanted to do things the right way (being married before kids) and it just didn’t work out. I am married and was before I had my two beautiful children but I will not throw shade on those who choose to do things differently from me. To each its own is my opinion.

• Mary October 1, 2013 at 8:54 am

She’s pretty! “Mike Wayans is the son of comedian Damon Wayans’ son.” Does that mean that this child will be Damon Wayans great-grandson, lol?

• Celeste October 1, 2013 at 7:54 am

I agree.

• anonymous October 1, 2013 at 7:48 am

HE who is WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE! Worry about your own salvation, and make sure YOU are doing the right thing that is going to get YOU into HEAVEN!

Congratulations Vanessa!!!!!

• Celeste October 1, 2013 at 7:55 am

Somewhere there is a pile of stone left un-cast!

• awwww September 30, 2013 at 11:07 pm

awww happy for her and she still looks so young

• Lola b September 30, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I’m shocked then I’m not shocked….. I’m shocked because she became pregnant without being married…. I’m not shocked because I kindve thought she would form a family before her sister and brothers because she appeared more mature and settled but then again Angela is the party girl…. And their brother stay getting kidnapped but goons so i rather she becomes a Parent before her other siblings…… angela, She’s not thinking about no babies but congrads vanessa and mike and I know between those two big families that babies gonna have a job whether its being a comedian, actress, singer, rapper, making clothes and shoes…. Some type of job….. That child is fortunate already…. That child is wealthy…. No longer rich….wealthy…… Both grandfathers paved the way for her

• CECE September 30, 2013 at 10:23 pm

Congrats to her! Everything is so backwards these days…people just having babies before marriage. Not saying she needs to marry the dude, but it would be nice to set that example. The foundation of family structure is so blurred these days.

• Sherley September 30, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Off & on for 8 yrs. Child of a preacher who wrote a book on marriage & raising children. Yet she’s having a baby prior to being married. Well, can’t say I’m surprised nor disappointed. Sadly, this is now becoming the norm.

Congrats as a child is a blessing.

• Hmmm... October 1, 2013 at 10:55 am

Were you married when you conceived?

• Sherley October 1, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Together at 15. Engaged at 17. Married at 20. Conceived my daughter at 21. Had my son at 23. Divorced at 26. Any other questions?

• Shauna October 1, 2013 at 8:48 pm

Sherley, I agree with your comments, and except for the divorce, your story sounds like mine! :) Blessings to you and yours! As for me, together @16, engaged & married @18 (10 months in between), babies @20, 24, and 29, and still going after 20+ years as a couple….I luvvvvvv me some him! lol.

Ladies – Demand more to at least have a shot at having more. Don’t settle – you’re queens!

• Sherley October 3, 2013 at 2:39 pm

That’s right Shauna, tell them! Congrats to you & your lucky hubby.

• Karlisa October 1, 2013 at 11:44 pm

What happened to not having a daughter and having just a son and marriage must not be all of a good thing if you still ended up divorced I know people who have been together for over 65 years have 5 + children and almost 20 grandchildren and are still together… Knock Knock people marriage isn’t EVERYTHING

• Sherley October 2, 2013 at 7:26 pm

My daughter died at 5 months. It is just me & my son. I don’t think I’ll get married again (came close twice though); however marriage is a very important thing. I always said that & believe that. I hope & pray my lil man gets married one day. If the person is good enough to spend 65+ years with, they are good enough to marry. It’s MY opinion no one have to apply it to their life. But no one is going to tell me marriage isn’t important.

• Jeremy Norton September 30, 2013 at 9:53 pm

Congrats Vanessa! Enjoy your pregnancy. I’m sure you’ll be a great mom.

• Court September 30, 2013 at 9:48 pm

Quoting a bible verse is not judging. If someone gave their personal opinion, that would be judging but stating what’s already recorded is simply that

• Neonlove September 30, 2013 at 9:05 pm

Nothing is wrong with marriage before the carriage. Seeing how some single mothers in my own family are doing, it’s easier with a partner and good example for the kids. Our society should encourage parental stability for the children that come into this world. It can solve many issues in our community like: fatherless-ness. I’m just speaking in general.

• niaboo87 September 30, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Congratulations, So happy for the both of them!

• Trisha (The original one) September 30, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Baby is gonna be born into 2 big families! Congrats to them

• Oxford September 30, 2013 at 7:10 pm

Congratulations, bebe’s are blessings. I’m going to assume, until I read differently, that they are married; would be disappointed if they weren’t.

• Kimberly September 30, 2013 at 7:58 pm

I read somewhere else that they are not married but have been together for eight years off and on.

• Neonlove September 30, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Wow, congrats to her, but this is a bit surprising to me. I thought she would be married first, since Angela stands by that as well. Congrats to her again though, great news.

• Lita September 30, 2013 at 6:36 pm

I expected her to be married first too. Whatever happened to be married first then child?

• Londiey77 September 30, 2013 at 5:46 pm

How exciting. Congrats to the new mommy to be.