ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

IDRIS ELBA: ‘I’M VERY PROTECTIVE OF MY DAUGHTER’

elba2

Idris Elba is one dad who is protective of his tween daughter. The actor tells Playboy magazine that the thought of Isan getting too close and personal with a boy terrifies him to no end.

“I’m very protective of my daughter and who she hangs out with,” says the star. “You can drive yourself nuts as a parent, thinking about what boys do and what I got up to as a kid. If my kid got up to that same stuff, I’d be horrified.”

Idris also talks about his run-in with drugs as a young man, which now causes him to be even more observant of Isan’s friends. “I’m not gonna lie — I’ve tried everything, just between you, me and the people who read this magazine. I’ve tried it all. I played one of the biggest drug dealers in the world on TV, so you think I’d know what I was talking about,” explains the actor.

Elba tells Playboy that roles on television and film have given him much popularity saying, “When I wasn’t on TV or in films, I didn’t get any special attention when I went out. Some beautiful people always attract attention. I didn’t until I got on television. So I’m on these lists only because I’m on TV.”

Isan is Idris’ only child. The actor’s full interview with Playboy is available in the magazine’s current issue.

Tags : Posted in : Actors

10 Comments to “IDRIS ELBA: ‘I’M VERY PROTECTIVE OF MY DAUGHTER’”

• heyheyheyheyyyyy October 22, 2013 at 11:52 am

Pretty girl, looking just like daddy. Didn’t even know he had kids. Don’t blame him for being protective. That’s one lucky girl, devoted rich daddy, lol.

• IDRIS ELBA: ‘I’M VERY PROTECTIVE OF MY DAUGHTER’ « aboutsliver.com October 21, 2013 at 8:36 am

[...] post IDRIS ELBA: ‘I’M VERY PROTECTIVE OF MY DAUGHTER’ appeared first on Black Celebrity [...]

• Jeremy Norton October 20, 2013 at 5:45 am

It is really normal for parents to be really protective. Isan is one lovely girl as well.

• Toya October 19, 2013 at 8:51 pm

If Idris joined the cast…. that sure would make the ratings go right through the ROOF!!! He is one SEXY Brit (: I could listen to him talk all day…

• Trisha (the original one) October 18, 2013 at 2:31 pm

I bet her teachers can’t wait for parent-teacher night! lmao

• BROOKE October 18, 2013 at 11:25 am

Scandal should cast Idris as Olivia Pope love interest and make the president Fitz, jealous! Ratings would go through the roof if he came on briefly.

• Dani October 18, 2013 at 12:25 pm

He would be much better to look at than Scott Foley (Jake)

His daughter looks just like him. Precious.

• BROOKE October 19, 2013 at 10:46 am

@Dani, I agree, Jake is so corny and i keep thinking abt the tv show, Felicity ( he was on when i was a teen). Idrus would bring swag and sexiness to the show better competition for Fitz no doubt.

• Celeste October 18, 2013 at 3:30 pm

Having Idris on Scandal (with the British accent) is the only way I will watch the show.

• Katherine G October 18, 2013 at 4:46 pm

He would be a great edition to the cast.