ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

MAIA CAMPBELL: ‘I HAVE A DAUGHTER AND HAVE TO SET AN EXAMPLE’

campbell4

Maia Campbell is determined to stay on the right path and set a positive example for her daughter, Elizabeth, to follow. The actress recently spoke with TT Torrez about her life as a mom and entertainer who is making every effort to once again make a bang in the industry.

“Right now I’m just supporting a comeback,” said Campbell. “I wrote a book. I had to find myself again because [of] changes in my life. I had a daughter, I had a little girl, she’s growing up now. So I had to grow up and I couldn’t just remain a little girl on TV forever,” commented the actress when asked about her hiatus from television after the hit show, ‘In the House’, came to an end over a decade ago.

Although many factors have inspired Maia to make a turn for the better since being featured on YouTube in a negative light, the actress’ daughter was the fuel that ignited her passion for change. “I have a daughter now and I have to set an example,” said Maia. “That was what got me grounded in [trying to do] better. I have to live my life differently. I have to change the way I was living my life. I can’t live my life so far away from the positive things that kept me rooted.”

Campbell has been drug free for four years and now puts a lot of time and energy into her daughter’s desire to act. “She wants to be an actress and she’s done some Disney commercials recently and some other acting and some videos on YouTube,” said Maia to TT. “She doesn’t listen to any other people as far as management [is concerned]. She’s listening to her father. And she doesn’t have any agent yet. She’s not exactly on a show because she hasn’t gotten the training yet. When she gets the training, she’ll probably pop onto something a little more lucrative…And I’ll be proud to sit by her and support her.” The actress added, ”The best thing I can do is stay working, and stay on the right path, and stay away from all of that stuff.”

Elizabeth is Campbell’s only child.

Tags : Posted in : Actors

24 Comments to “MAIA CAMPBELL: ‘I HAVE A DAUGHTER AND HAVE TO SET AN EXAMPLE’”

• Medallist irk November 7, 2013 at 12:51 am

So proud of her and how she overcame so much…..Maia your such a wonderful person keep up the good work…..and Elizabeth is beautiful just like Mommy…..

• candyisdandy October 28, 2013 at 1:50 pm

So proud of her and I wish her the very best. May she remain clean and free!

• Saundra October 25, 2013 at 4:03 pm

I just can’t.

• Maia Campbell Reveals Motivation To Stay Clean For 12-Year-Old Daughter | A-List Celebrity News | Entertainment Gossip | Celebrity Gossip - AListLish.com October 25, 2013 at 8:02 am

[...] BCK, [...]

• Nonya October 25, 2013 at 7:13 am

Thank goodness the nature of their relationship continues to thrive. I applaud Maia and any individual who’s capable of remaining drug free. God bless them both.

To the people (you know who you are) who exploited Maia during her time of need, always remember … karma rules.

• Connie1 October 24, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I REMEMBER WATCHING MAIA CAMPBELL BACK IN THE DAY AND THINKING HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE WAS WITH THAT DARK BROWN SKIN AND LONG HAIR. IM SO HAPPY TO HEAR THAT SHE IS DOING WELL NOW. ITS SAD THAT SHE FELL OFF IN THE FIRST PLACE BECAUSE SHE HAD SO MUCH GOING FOR HER. I HOPE SHE CONTINUES DOWN THE RIGHT PATH BECAUSE SHE IS STILL A BEAUTIFUL TALENTED WOMAN!

• Misunderstood October 24, 2013 at 5:26 pm

Like the picture of Elizabeth lying her head on her mommy’s shoulder!

• brooks October 24, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Good for her. Hope she stays on the right path. That mental illness and drug abuse are both beasts individually but even worse together. Gods Grace is Good!!!

• Sherley October 24, 2013 at 5:08 pm

Hope she keeps using her daughter as motivation to remain on right path. Children have a way of saving their parent’s lives & they don’t even know it.

• universitychick October 24, 2013 at 5:07 pm

These two are GORG :) Good for Maia for getting her life together! With God’s help anything is possible!

• ForgotMyOrigName October 24, 2013 at 3:52 pm

God bless this woman and her daughter. She has been through a lot. Glad she is doing well

• Katherine G October 24, 2013 at 1:16 pm

I’m glad she is back on the right track.

• unqbaby19 October 24, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Happy she was able to clean up and get her act together. If her daughter was what helped her get there then so be it. She has a beautiful daughter.

• heyheyhey October 24, 2013 at 12:52 pm

I wish I could die. Im so tired of living.

• CEE October 24, 2013 at 1:44 pm

God wouldn’t put us through anything circumstance that he thought we wouldn’t be able to handle. Your hardships are a testament to the wonderful joyful life that’s to come!! Trust me, I feel the same but I know my higher calling….this is coming from a 23yr old.

• CEE October 24, 2013 at 1:45 pm

*any

• Sherley October 24, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Are you serious or are you making fun of something Maia said?

• Celeste October 24, 2013 at 6:15 pm

Get some help just because you felt the need to write that.

• Valerie October 24, 2013 at 9:14 pm

God is bigger than any problem you may be facing turn to him, He is willing, ready and able to carry you through! Trust in him. Life is not always easy, but with God ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. Trust me we all have days when it seems no one cares but He always does, He will never leave you or forsake you! And no “good” thing will he withhold from you. If you are reading this your halfway there….HE’s waiting!! Just ask. God bless you and these words are my prayer for you!!

• BZYBEE3GIRLZ October 25, 2013 at 8:58 am

PEOPLE!!! this is no joke!! This individual is reaching out for help. We need to encourage him or her to seek help in their area. heyheyhey, you made you first attempt at asking for help by writing here. Now please I beg that you reach out to someone who you trust and believes you. This feeling is serious, before you hurt yourself or someone please seek help!!!!!

• Ronda October 27, 2013 at 9:19 am

I don’t know you, but I care about you. Please seek help if you’re feeling like life isn’t worth living. You are absolutely meant to be here. God Bless you.

• Neonlove October 24, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Pretty pair, I hope she stays on the right track too. It seems like she is doing a lot better now. God is good

• BROOKE October 24, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I wish her the best …hope she stays on the right track, life can be so hard.

• Dee October 24, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Beautiful just like her mama.