ZENDAYA SUPRISES A FAN FOR RMDA

TOO OLD FOR BABIES? TOMIKO FRASER SAYS ‘NO’

tomiko5

Is a woman ever too old to have a child? Ask Tomiko Fraser and she’ll tell you “No.” The model recently captured her precious little ones while on their trip to the pumpkin patch for the very first time. Fraser was happy to share a picture from the event telling Instagram fans, “They didn’t know quite what to make of it all. But they’re Momma really wanted a seasonal picture of them in their cute overalls.”

Kaden and Bryce came to Tomiko and husband Christopher Hines after several years of fertility struggles. The twins were born earlier this year, making Tomiko one of several celebrities to become a mom while in her 40′s. “I’m what they call a ‘late-in-lifer,’” writes Fraser in a blog post for MommyNoire. “I didn’t start modeling full-time until I was 25 years old (that might as well be 80 in modeling years) and landed my exclusive contract with Maybelline at the ripe ‘old’ age of 31. I got married at 38 and due to circumstances beyond my control, I wasn’t able to get pregnant until I was 44 years old.”

Although some women may frown upon the idea of giving birth after 35-years-old, Tomiko says that she has benefited from having kids later rather than sooner in life. “For the most part, we’ve all come into our own. We know who we are, we’ve traveled, we’re established in our careers and so on. We have more patience with ourselves and that can only translate into more patience with our children,” explains the star.

Motherhood later in life also translates into healthier living, says Fraser. “Never before have I been as committed to working out and eating well than I am now. While this may seem morbid to some, I’ve become keenly aware of my mortality since having the boys and that has put a serious ‘get ‘er done!’ fire under my booty. Whenever I don’t feel like going to the gym or that delicious piece of sugary cake is calling my name, I just think of my boys and how I want to be around for them as long as possible.”

The model further shares, “I honestly don’t know if I’d be as appreciative and embracing of motherhood had I been able to conceive in my 20s. My journey to motherhood, though challenging, prepared me in ways that I never anticipated for this amazing time in my life. Had I not been faced with the possibility of not being able to have children, I don’t know if I would have been as in love with this role as I am.”

Kaden and Bryce were born on January 7, 2013. Tomiko wed Christopher Hines in 2006.

Photos: Instagram

16 Comments to “TOO OLD FOR BABIES? TOMIKO FRASER SAYS ‘NO’”

• Hmmmmm November 7, 2013 at 12:07 am

My mom gave birth to me at 44……Dad was 52…..I was the Surprise baby…….lol

• Meela November 3, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Energy! Energy!
    It is an individual decision but women in their 40s are kidding themselves if they think it will not be exhausting! Women in Africa have babies well into their 50s. Ihad my daughter at 29 and now at 42 I can’t image!
    I say to each to their own!!!

• Bebe November 3, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Good. I just saw a photo someone posted over a 3/4 year old on FB, shirt pulled up and most of his underwear showing. That doesn’t happen when both of your parents are grown ups. More older women need to be having kids, seems like to me. Since the maturity level of adults seems to be going down.

• The Winning Circle October 31, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Only God can pull the plug on fertility or plug it in. Some women are fertile into their 60′s. Others lose their fertility in their 20′s and 30′s for whatever reason. Still other were never fertile at all. Kids are happy with and love their parents whether they are younger parents or older. Regardless of the age, take the responsibility of guarding another human life seriously.

• Oxford October 31, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Kaden and Bryce are like “Why are we here? This straw is ITCHY!” Tomiko and Chris are a VERY attractive couple…they still have time to have a girl.

• Sherley October 31, 2013 at 4:29 pm

There is such a thing as too old to have a baby, but 44 nor 46 (ask Halle) isn’t it. But ummm, 50+ is. IMO.

The precious cheeks..love it!

• Katherine G October 31, 2013 at 3:49 pm

I don’t see anything wrong with a woman having a baby in her 40′s.

• Katherine G October 31, 2013 at 3:50 pm

These little men are so handsome!!!

• heyheyheyheyyyyy October 31, 2013 at 2:45 pm

They’re beautiful with all that hair. I wouldn’t consider 40 to old for a first time mom. A woman that clearly wants to be a mother wants to know the love of a child. I definitely wouldn’t keep trying into my late 40′s or have another child in my late 40′s. But hey each to their own, whatever. Men have kids at older or old age all the time. Which I think is so nasty. My 33 yr old hubby have a 62yr old brother, smh. My good friend is 41 with a 5yr old sister, lmto.

• Seriously October 31, 2013 at 2:36 pm

I will be an older mom too! I see nothing wrong with women having babies in their late 30s or 40s. I actually prefer older moms.

• Misunderstood October 31, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I too will be an old mom and I’m not anticipating it! I don’t have the patience anymore, but I want a child of my own! Now whether I have it naturally or adopted, I want a child! Pray for me BCK family!

• Sherley October 31, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Prayers being sent for your Misunderstood. But having a child in your 30s isn’t old.

• Misunderstood November 1, 2013 at 7:26 am

Thanks Sherley, I’m just 30 so maybe I’m not to old just yet! ‘)

• theyknow November 1, 2013 at 12:16 pm

You are not too old at all. I think 30 31 is the perfect age to have a child. Wishing you the best of luck.

• theyknow October 31, 2013 at 2:22 pm

I would be afraid to have kids in my 40′s but I guess as long as you take extra care they come out just fine. My mom had my sister at 43, but I won’t dare try it..lol. I am 34 working on 2nd now and it does not happen before I turn 35 I am giving up.

• Iridescent Me. October 31, 2013 at 2:22 pm

Jan 7th baby!! That’s my birthday!!