SKAI JACKSON JOINS THE OBAMAS FOR EASTER EGG ROLL

VANESSA SIMMONS BUMPS AROUND FATHER’S BIRTHDAY BASH

Vanessa Simmons

It was a birthday celebration indeed as Vanessa Simmons came out to celebrate her father’s 49th milestone in Las Vegas this past weekend. The expectant star spent time with family and friends, taking lots of pics with little sister Angela Simmons and wishing her father many more years to come.

Vanessa announced her expectancy a few months back, sharing an ultrasound picture of her little girl with Instagram fans. The former reality star told Essence magazine that her father had nothing but well wishes for her and her boyfriend saying, “This is the first grandchild for my family. I think somewhere deep inside he was kinda like, ‘When am I going to experience that part of life?’ Of course he wants us to get married, but for now he was like, ‘We’re gonna figure this out. Just be happy and have a healthy pregnancy. I’m behind you a hundred percent.”

Simmons is expecting her first child with boyfriend Mike Wayans.

Photo: @nesssimmons

Tags : Posted in : Expecting

16 Comments to “VANESSA SIMMONS BUMPS AROUND FATHER’S BIRTHDAY BASH”

• @JaiRaquelle November 16, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Awww she should have done a show following her journey. I miss Run’s House & Daddy’s Girls.

• kimerblk November 14, 2013 at 9:19 am

angela has a long face here vanessa looks great as always

• awwww November 14, 2013 at 9:18 am

she looks so cute pregnant i just love ness a can’t wait to see the baby

• heyheyheyheyyyyy November 12, 2013 at 10:30 pm

Why are some of you worried about if she is married or not? You’re not taking care of her child. So I seriously doubt if she give two cents about your opinion. That’s people’s problem, always in someone else business judging when they haven’t swept in front of their own door. First of all in the old testament all you have to do was lay with that person and it was considered marriage. I’m married with a child yet I have plenty of relatives and gf’s that aren’t that have children. Are their children treated poorer than mine? of course not. Their grandparents love them just as much as they love the grandkids born from their married son and daughter. Some of you need to get a d@@m life, for real.

• Nic November 13, 2013 at 9:42 am

None of the comments that I’ve seen here seemed to be bashing Vanessa for not being married. It just seems most of the women here are coming from a place of love and want what they believe is best for her. I doubt her own mother and father would disagree. There are some financial benefits to marriage especially for someone in Vanessa’s zip code. Marriage also makes you your spouses primary caregiver. If something were to happen to the father of her child his family could legally shut her out and make all medical decisions. If the father of her child were to pass away the Wayans family and her child would be the beneficiary not her. In many cases the child is eligible to receive care under the father’s insurance but the mother would not. Marriage may just be a piece of paper to some but in here in the USA contracts and paperwork are all that matter.

• Nic November 13, 2013 at 10:11 am

I do not get the feeling that the women commenting here are trying to bash Vanessa. It seems like the comments are coming from a place of love and concern and that these women genuinely want what they think is best for her. There are a lot of financial benefits to being married. There are also other considerations. For instance if this young man were to pass away the Wayans family and her child would be his beneficiaries not her. If he were in a debilitating accident the Wayans family would make all medical decisions and could legally freeze her out. As a wife you are able to receive a portion of your husbands retirement money. Baby mamas don’t get spousal support. I won’t bore you with everything but in your child’s case from a financial standpoint he/she may be better off than the other women’s children.

• lovinv life November 12, 2013 at 6:56 pm

I have no desire to be married because marriage is not for me . The bible says not to judge but yet many Christians judge unwed mothers all the time. My cousins was married for 20 years and now is divorced. I come from a strong chirstian home and we believe no to judge. I have two children with the same man and have been with him for 4 yrs. We’re committed and dont need that piece of paper. God bless Vanessa and her baby.

• Nic November 13, 2013 at 9:51 am

I hear so many women say this but I wonder how they will cope financially if their relationship broke up. While I agree for some women with limited means the difference in the level of support would be negligible, but for a lot of women it would be stupid not to have that piece of paper. More so if you were a housewife. Everyone plays nice when the relationship is working, but a person’s true colors show when there is a divorce. I have seen two women I love get divorced. One was very business like from the beginning and she survived quite nicely, while the other struggles to make ends meet. Without that piece of paper both would be in worse off.

• theyknow November 12, 2013 at 10:45 am

She looks great pregnant. I wish her the best.

• Astou November 12, 2013 at 12:06 am

get married for God’s Sake!

• Nene November 12, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Agreed. I always wondered why people like her who come from marriage and have a good background and have a good significant other still choose to have kids out of wedlock. Her baby daddy is fine and he part of the ol so funny Wayans family. This little bundle of joy is blessed and will have plenty of family to keep her company. God bless Vanessa Simmons on her pregnancy with boyfriend Mike Wayans.

• Nene November 12, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Hopefully Vanessa and Mike get married soon. They have been together for almost 8 years, so what is the hold up? Those other generation of Wayan boys are fine too, Craig and Damian ohh lala.

• keverno November 12, 2013 at 2:09 pm

So unheard of today this is the new generation

• Nene November 12, 2013 at 7:55 pm