MCCLAIN COVERS JOHN LEGEND’S ‘ALL OF ME’

TAMAR BRAXTON: ‘I HATED BEING PREGNANT’

tamarlogan

Did you know that Tamar Braxton filmed her reality show, ‘Tamar and Vince,’ while angry? Yes, it’s true. The bubbly star with a personality that draws the masses to her music was mad about the lies that she had been told while pregnant with her son, Logan.

“People lie to you,” says Tamar in a recent interview with Flaunt magazine. “I was one hundred percent open and honest on Tamar and Vince because I was upset. I didn’t instantly connect with my baby, and no one told me this was common. I was jealous because Vince and the baby connected instantly. It’s not that I didn’t love him; it’s not that I didn’t want to connect with him. I was upset because I didn’t instantly connect with him. I didn’t cry when I first saw him. I was confused. I was like, ‘What do I do now?’”

The star goes on to tell media that expectancy was the worst for her. “I hated being pregnant. I felt like Invasion of the Body Snatchers. It’s beautiful and it’s great just like everyone says, but there’s another side to it. My back. My feet. My skin went absolutely nuts. I had the itchies the whole day. Imagine scratching all day and you can never get to the itch.”

Although more children are not in her plans, Tamar does have a busy schedule to juggle as mom and entertainer. “We just got picked up for The Braxtons season four. I’m really excited about that,” explains the star. “I go on tour tomorrow with John Legend. I’m obsessed with him, and he didn’t know it until I started giving interviews. He asked for me even before I had my album out, and that was really special to me, because I respect him so much.”

Logan is Tamar and husband Vincent Herbert’s first child together. He was born on June 6, 2013.

15 Comments to “TAMAR BRAXTON: ‘I HATED BEING PREGNANT’”

• jiveurwayin November 15, 2013 at 10:06 pm

Some of you need to really get a grip. No matter what Tamar says, she loves her baby. Look back at how mad Vince made her by hogging Logan. To the ones that think Tamar is unfit, go look up these names….Brianna Lopez, Nixzmary Brown, Tessa O’Cull, Serenity Richardson and so many more. Please come back on this page and tell me if Tamar seems like a selfish mother.

• Sherley November 14, 2013 at 9:59 pm

I too hated being pregnant. Bed rest, continuously vomiting till the minute before the emergency c-section, hyperemesis (contant spitting), dehydration, having an IV placed in me while at home, doctor visits ever 3 days from 2 months of pregnancy, severe back pain, 36 straight hours of hard labor..I truly hated it. But then hearing his heart beat for the first time, feeling him move (was my fav; felt like butterflies), feeling him kick, all made up for it. And the moment he was born, they placed him in my arms, he instantly stopped screaming, wrapped his hand around my finger & I fell in love & have been in love for the past 16 yrs. I don’t ever want to be pregnant again, but the outcome wouldn’t be so bad.

• The Winning Circle November 14, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Pregnancy is a physical transformation, not a picnic. Tamar is self absorbed and whiny whether she is pregnant or not. The fact that her life had to slow down to make another life just didn’t set well with her because she was more focused on topping Toni’s record than enjoying the experience that she was currently blessed with. She is the main reason I cant watch the show. She is just too loud, ghetto, self absorbed and just plain stupid for my taste.

• Sunni November 14, 2013 at 4:23 pm

Tamar I definitely feel where you’re coming from. I have two more weeks left of my pregnancy and I can’t wait for him to come! I don’t understand why she shouldn’t be able to talk about her pregnancy like every other woman. This isn’t a fairly tale, this is real life where pregnancy & labor are painful and stressful. Pregnancy isn’t the same for every woman, some love it and some don’t. Is it a crime now to not have this dream pregnancy people try to sell you on? There’s nothing wrong with tell her truth about her experience exspecially since people keep asking her about it. And I must say, if you are “bothered” or “upset” about another woman’s pregnancy you really need to evaluate your life SOON.

Just because she didn’t enjoy it like yall think she should doesn’t mean she don’t love or care for her baby.

• Oxford November 14, 2013 at 2:30 pm

I’m of the mind that Tamar needs to stop talking about this issue. The first time she discussed it I was fine with it as I have heard from many women (I have volunteered with my aunt who is an OB/GYN for about five years and also sit in with her support group when I’m in the colonies) who had less than stellar pregnancy and birth experiences. I applauded her honesty; THEN; but she needs to shut up about the subject NOW.

I can tell you from being the fly on the wall in group that rehashing and reiterating the experiences only keeps it in the forefront of her mind and will not allow her to heal and move on. What happens when you keep picking the scab off of a cut? It has to start the healing process over every time you remove the scab.

Imagine how Vince (and eventually Logan) feels. He got his wife pregnant…and it, and giving birth to his son was the worst experience of her life. Tamar needs to check herself. With all this talk which may interfere with her bonding with Logan and the need for caregivers to take up the slack, and her admitting MANY TIMES that Vince is the one more in tune with Logan; who do you think the judge will give Logan to IF they eventually divorce? Someone needs to tell Ms. Tamar how far she has put her foot in her mouth before its too late.

• BrownSugar November 14, 2013 at 4:22 pm

I experienced the same thing with my son.My daughter was already 6 & in 1st grade. Life was good! I gained 60lbs, had gestational diabetes,my complexion was two tones darker, swollen feet, took an early maternity leave from my job & bed rest during my 7th month ALL of that didn’t matter because I my son, my LAST child & he was healthy (except for a mild case of jaundice). He’ll be 15 next month & all he cares about is his football made it to the playoffs and getting his permit. joke that I’m tired of picking him up from practice every day & my car smelling like a locker room because he offered one of his friends a ride home. But I wouldn’t change a thing because in 4 yrs he’ll be off to college and I’ll probably be bored and missing his aggravating butt. (My daughter asked could she move back home after she graduates because I might be lonely & bored. LOL!!)

• Riley November 14, 2013 at 4:44 pm

So because she didn’t enjoy her pregnancy, immediately connect with her baby and was confused after giving birth to her child makes unfit and likely to lose her child if the divorce?

I don’t mean any disrespect but you sound ridiculous. No judge will take her baby away because she didn’t immediately connect with him or enjoy being pregnant. You act as if she doesn’t care about her kid at all.

If you watch the show when she gave birth, she was very concerned about him. She didn’t like when she couldn’t hear his heart and refused to get any pain medication a second time because of how it was effecting him. She even asked for a c-section because she was scared for her baby.

And how Vince feels, who cares how he feels. He didn’t care about how she felt when he sick and almost dying. He even told her she had no right to be upset or feel any way about it because she wasn’t going through it so I say Vince wasn’t going through her pregnancy so he doesn’t have a right to have any feelings about her pregnancy.

• NeeNee November 14, 2013 at 1:37 pm

I can relate!!! 100%%%. I too did not want to get pregnant! I hated being pregnant and found it hard to connect with my son when he was born. He is 19 years old now and my family members are always telling him how hard of a time I had with him. He laughs it off and says ” good thing you didn’t do it again and again”. He could car less! All he is worried about is that new car I brought him so he can pick up chicks in college. I love him too pieces! So yall need to stop being so up tight! Logan will be fine and will not pay any of this hoopla surrounding his brith any mind! Boys could care less!!!!!

• chellebelle November 14, 2013 at 1:53 pm

all the more reason she need to stop talking about it

• Misunderstood November 14, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Am I the only one that’s sick of hearing about, how she wasn’t connected to her baby!

• Trisha (the original one) November 14, 2013 at 12:28 pm

My sister says the same thing lol. Her husband wants another one, a boy. My sister is like NO!! My sister was excited for the baby b/c she really wanted a girl. But she’s like never again! She was absolutely miserable those 9 months. She has a boy & girl, she’s good. She told me to have one to give her baby a playmate. I’m like nope! Hearing these type of stories is more of a reason for me to wait & keep on waiting! I like hearing another side of pregnancy, b/c some people tell how fabolus their pregnancy was & i’m like awwwww i can’t wait to feel like that. but then i hear stories like hers & my sis, & i’m like not everyone is the same. I can most def wait hahaha

• Arie November 14, 2013 at 12:18 pm

I find it funny how she says she didn’t connect instantly with the baby, but while watching her show, the episode when she gave birth she said it was a magical moment and she felt so in love and connected with the baby. Maybe I’m just diggin a little deep, but whatever….

• Ebony Starr November 14, 2013 at 11:28 am

I hope that her son never reads these interviews. Also, i hope by the times he’s able to read, she is done telling the world how unfulfilling her experience was! “I hated my pregnancy, I was in love with my baby, etc.

• Nini November 14, 2013 at 11:44 am

I totally agree! I think Tamar needs to think twice about what she says during these interviews. She says she’s just trying to be “honest” but there is a tackful way of saying things. My concern too is that if her child reads these things, he may think that he is “unwanted” and that all he did was cause problems for his mom. This could really affect him emotionally when he gets older. She needs to really think about saying more positive things instead of just blabing her mouth all of the time. We all know she really didn’t want to have a child now so the pregnancy was a suprise because all she kept saying is about her wanting to get her music career started. She really needs to stop being so selfish and superficial and think about the more important things in life such as her child and him needed to be loved.

• Nini November 14, 2013 at 11:48 am

I too am pregnant now and although nausea and some of the pains I endure are not fun, its a part of pregnancy. I would let my child know how much of a blessing they are and not emphasize what difficulties I experienced so that they don’t take on that burden and mindset of thinking that they “cause me problems” by me being pregnant with them.