OMG GIRLZ GET POLISHED

PHOTOS: THE ALAFIAS SHOW OFF BABY SANKARA

alafia1

Sankara Mamadou Bee Alafia is camera ready! The 3-month-old was recently photographed with mom, Yaya, and dad, Joshua, looking cute as ever. Little Sankara smiled and gazed as the lens captured several poses. The infant even held a conversation with mom while sitting on dad’s shoulders. “Best three months of my life!!! Thank you for choosing us, little prince! #homebirth#blackfamily,” tweeted Yaya along with one of the pics. Simply adorable!

Yaya and Joshua became proud parents in September when Sankara made his entry into the world. The mom and dad couldn’t help but gush over their son telling social media fans, “No greater Joy! Some folks have asked what Sankara means. ‘Creator, Bliss Giver, Introspection, Remover of Doubt, King of Unity,’ are some that we love.”

Sankara is the Alafias’ first child. Check out more photos of the cute infant below!

alafia4

alafia

Photos: Facebook/Instagram

29 Comments to “PHOTOS: THE ALAFIAS SHOW OFF BABY SANKARA”

• @JaiRaq December 25, 2013 at 11:35 am

Pure beauty

• Lola b December 19, 2013 at 8:17 pm

That baby is alert and that’s great! Yay a is smart as a whip also I’m sure her husband isn’t slacking either…. Great parents make exceptional children

• Meela December 17, 2013 at 10:02 pm

Three months?!!!! That boy is sharp as a whip!
    I know six month olds who are not as alert and in tuned with their surroundings! Yaya, my girl love her!!

• Jewel la Reine December 17, 2013 at 7:22 pm

What a gorgeous family !!! Plus I love how they gave him a proper traditional African name : ‘ Mamadou’ :) although I think it is meant to be ‘ Mahamadou’ but it does not really matter.

• Jewel la Reine December 17, 2013 at 7:35 pm

and Sankara is the name of a politician originally from Burkina Faso (West Africa) named Thomas Sankara !!!

• Connie1 December 18, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU JEWEL LA REINE!

• Davinee December 17, 2013 at 12:38 pm

What a cute family!

• Teri December 16, 2013 at 9:07 pm

What a handsome baby boy. Sankara has a look of maturity and intelligence, like he knows what is going on already.

Blessings to their precious family.

• niaboo87 December 16, 2013 at 8:44 pm

OH MY GOODNESS!!! I have been waiting to see her little one!! He is soooo adorable, and that smile, I bet they are just over joyed right now!

• Sherley December 16, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Congrats!!! He is so alert in the first picture. Looking just like his daddy.

• Misunderstood December 16, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Adorable e looks like his mommy!

• Connie1 December 16, 2013 at 6:58 pm

THIS BABY IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE THE NAME SANKARA. I DONT KNOW IF ITS AFRICAN BUT I BET IT IS. I LOVE IT WHEN PEOPLE NAME THEIR KIDS AUTHENTIC NAMES THAT REFLECT THEIR RACE/NATIONALITY. I MEET A LOT OF CAUCASIONS WITH THE NAME SUE, ANN, CHRIS, AIDEN ETC… YET I ALSO MEET A LOT OF AFRICAN AMERICANS WITH THOSE SAME CAUCASION AMERICAN NAMES. I HATE IT. SO GLAD THEY NAMED THIS BEAUTIFUL CHILD SANKARA. LOVE IT!!!!

• Kim December 16, 2013 at 9:35 pm

What in the world is a Caucasian American name? Where can I find that in the dictionary? SMH…

• Connie1 December 17, 2013 at 4:52 pm

@KIM
        IF YOU DON’T KNOW THEN I CANT HELP YOU. I KNOW WHAT AN AFRICAN NAME IS, I KNOW WHAT AN ASIAN NAME IS, I KNOW WHAT AN INDIAN NAME IS SO YOU SHOULD KNOW WHAT A TYPICAL CAUCASION NAME IS. CHRIS, DANIEL, CONNIE, ANN ETC.. YES MY NAME IS EVEN CAUCASION AMERICAN. THE NAMES THAT WERE FORCED UPON MY ANCESTORS. DO YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT AFRICAN AMERICAN HISTORY? OR HAVE YOU JUST READ THE BULL THAT THESE AMERICAN SCHOOLS TEACH?

• OneLove December 20, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I know where Africa is. I know where Asia is. I even know where India is (though – since India is part of Asia – I have no idea why we are suddenly mixing countries and continents).

Now where the heck is “Caucasia”?

• Connie1 December 20, 2013 at 11:25 pm

CAUCASIONS ARE HERE IN AMERICA. THEY HAVE THEIR OWN NAMES THAT THEY CREATED SO STOP TRYING TO GET SMART. CAUCASIA? SERIOUSLY? SO ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY THAT THERE IS NOT A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CAUCASION AMERICANS AND AFRICAN AMERICANS? DO WE NOT HAVE DIFFERENT CULTURES ALTHOUGH WE LIVE IN THE SAME COUNTRY? READ YOUR HISTORY AND GET BACK TO ME WHEN YOU FIND YOUR BRAIN. YOUR ANCESTORS HAD TO FIGHT TO KEEP THEIR AUTHENTIC AFRICAN NAMES AND NOW, SOME OF YOU ACT LIKE ITS NOT EVEN IMPORTANT. WELL IT IS.

• Connie1 December 20, 2013 at 11:30 pm

ASIA, INDIANA, WHATEVER. THERE ARE TYPICAL INDIAN NAMES IN INDIA AND IF YOU GO TO CHINA, THERE ARE TYPICAL CHINESE NAMES. IF YOU GO TO JAPAN THERE ARE TYPICAL JAPANESE NAMES. FRANCE, GERMANY, AFRICA, ETC… AFRICAN AMERICANS SEEM LIKE THEY ALWAYS WANT TO FOLLOW WHAT CAUCASIONS DO. OUR ANCESTORS FOUGHT TO KEEP THIER ORIGINAL NAMES AND INSTEAD OF YOU ACKNOWLEDGING THAT, YOU WANT TO IGNORE IT AND JUST FIT IN WITH WESTERN SOCIETY. GO AHEAD, ITS YOUR CHOICE. SANKARA IS A BEAUTIFUL NAME.

• SSquare December 17, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Sue & Ann are ugly names. Chris I’m guessing is from Christopher which is a Biblical name not a “Caucasian” name. But you hate that African-Americans have some names that are easier to say? Maybe they are named after a deceased family member and they are a name sake.

• Connie1 December 20, 2013 at 11:27 pm

EASIER TO SAY FOR WHO? SANKARA SOUNDS VERY EASY TO ME. MOST AFRICAN NAMES ARE EASY TO ME BECAUSE IM AFRICAN AMERICAN. IT’S SUPPOSE TO BE EASY. JUST LIKE JILL AND BILL ARE EASY TO CAUCASIONS. IF YOU WANT TO NAME YOUR KIDS THOSE AWFUL NAMES THEN GO AHEAD. I LOVE SANKARA!

• Wanderer December 16, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Beautiful baby boy. Beautiful family.

• Seriously December 16, 2013 at 3:22 pm

Omg..he look like a happy baby!

• Toya December 16, 2013 at 1:23 pm

Awww.. So many blessing after ‘ANTM’
    Happy Holidays to this beautiful family!
    Cont’d Blessings Yaya…

• MRS REYNOLDS December 16, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Little man is adorable! love his smile

• Shi December 16, 2013 at 11:58 am

Those eyes and that smile. I can kiss on that face all day.

• Nene December 16, 2013 at 11:35 am

They are a beautiful family. Congratulations to Yaya, and her husband Joshua on their bundle of joy.

• heyheyheyheyyyyy December 16, 2013 at 11:07 am

He’s so beautiful, makes me want to cry. With his little cloth diaper on, best way to go. Lovely family indeed.

• Iridescent Me. December 16, 2013 at 10:21 am

AWWWWWWH!!! HE IS TOOOOOOOOO TOO CUTE!!

• unqbaby19 December 16, 2013 at 10:17 am

He is just so darn handsome. He looks like his mom to me.

• Katherine G December 16, 2013 at 10:13 am

Beautiful family!! Little man is so handsome!!